1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Snow geese...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by The Literalist, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Last 2 nights I've heard the snows yapping as they flew north over central Missouri. Maybe spring ain't far off, eh?

Always fun to hear those critters.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

When I was a kid in the upper Sacramento Valley they would turn the skies white. It was an amazing thing to see and hear. I've seen wild ducks on rice paddies where they were so thick the ground seethed with them.

3. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I hope to hear a couple of hundred hit the ground in about 3 weeks in SW Iowa!! They are a cool bird!!!!!

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Lit, Wait 2 weeks and they'll be going back South, or West or East. Most common words heard from a snow goose outfitter "you should have been here last week!".

5. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

We have always had good luck with our guide. Our worst year we killed 70, the best year was 266. These were on 2 day hunts. Can you guess which year I happened to miss???

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

We have two feet of snow on the ground and driving to work this morning my car thermometer showed -10°. I think the geese should stay south a bit longer.

7. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Saw a large field full of Snow Geese last week here in eastern NC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.