1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"sniper" detectors in your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1342462056001/sniper-detectors-has-come-to-americas-heartland

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Time to snipe a few of our politicians. I say the best way to turn things around in a positive way is to kill them at the polls. You must vote and vote the bums out.
    Joe

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

More feel-good tech that gives people a false sense of security (a lot like the naked body scanners @ the airport and the COBIS fired case technology).

And whoever named this system gets an award for epic fail.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that only 20% of gun violence is reported. :41 seconds in to the video.

5. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

There is always a way, and I can find 2 already, but I will reserve them for myself for the time.

John MI

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

stock up on M-80's.

HM

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Then they can send a predator drone to the source of the gunfire and perform an air strike.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Starting to sound like the movie "Terminator".

9. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

Did you note that it can detect if its coming from a car and that it can follow the car, if it can do that can it be trained to spy on the population by an opperator at a remote location, I suspect that it is "BIG BROTHER" being smuggled in on Trojan Horse under the guise of protecting the people from alleged gun related offences.

Argus Tuft

10. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Those that give up FREEDOM for SAFETY, will have neither!

Oscar

11. KRE

KRE TS Member

Once you know how it works, this trinket is very easy to defeat. Nothing man made is fool proof, but if you can get the sheep on board with spending the money, why not?

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Those wartime contractors have to diversify now that one of the wars is wrapped up.

13. cnsane

cnsane Member

They've had this $h!+ in Chicago for years now. It was odd the first time I saw little kids paintball the $h!+ out of a couple of the street corner survelliance cameras that would pan to follow gunshots and suspicious citizens. Then two ghetto cruisers came in from opposite ends of the street, drove to the middle of the block and conducted business between themselves. Fifteen minutes later a cop car showed up to check out the blind cameras.

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Sorry guys....I couldn't watch that flow of total freakin' ignorance long enough to see the end. This has to be about the stupidest waste of taxdollars I've seen come down the pike since treadmills for shrimp.

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I acn't get any of the Fox clips to play. Any suggestions? Jake

16. 682LINY

682LINY Member

We have a town near me with a lot of drug sales,, crack and heroin,, i spent wensday in the dectives office watching a deal go down,,, they have camaras covering the high crime areas ,, was able to watch car arrive,,, follw the car around , to diffrent parking areas,, camares are controlable,,and very high resolution,, with all ajacent veiws up on pic small pics to ease change of view,,,very impressive,,, i understand the shootspotter is being linked to camaras,, that will be its down fall if the skells figure out to distract with pyrotecnics fom where the want to play

17. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

shannon391, The film 'Running Man' is a must see.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What a total waste of air space,,,,so it knows "where" the shots came from,,,,you must assume that the weapon is stationary and has not moved in the 5-15 minutes for police to get there,,,,just llike the TSA,,,,giving a false sense of security, to get taxpayers to fork over more money.....

19. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

The device was shown on TV during the war in Bosnia as a tool that could identify the building and even the window where a shot had been fired. Using accustial analysis from directional microphones interfaced with a computer/plotter.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Cigarette timed firecrackers would keep them hopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.