1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sneaky Pete Holster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 19, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Got a Sneaky Pete holster for my Springfield XDS, was using it yesterday & a friend of mind said you're carrying. Now if this holster is easily identifiable by a person who can recognize it like a LEO--would you be in violation of the ccw, even though the firearm is not visible?

Phil Berkowitz

2. perezal

perezal Member

As long as the firearm is not visible and concealed then you are not in violation of the law. That's what the law says in Texas.

3. Heeringa

Heeringa Active Member

I'm not sure what laws you're referring to, but the Sneaky Pete holsters are definitely concealed-carry holsters. I have the belt loop holster for my Ruger SR40c and I like it. I don't carry every day, in fact it's probably closer to once or twice a month when I carry. It seems like a bit of a stretch to try to pass it off as a PDA/cell phone holster if asked by someone, so I plan on saying that it's my insulin pump. Being a big guy, that's pretty believable.

Heeringa

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Perezal,,,,,,,

Note: From the Texas DPS FAQs

Q: What does "concealed" mean?
    A: "Concealed" means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view, or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon.

Not quite sure what "ordinary observation" means,,,,,,,,wouldn't test it though.......

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I have one for my XDSC and carry all the time. Many times I am around police offices while they are on coffee break at one of the local Starbucks. Never a word said by them to me. Never asked for my CPP either. Sure some bad guy might know what it is but I go all over and have never been asked what it is. It is definitely concealed carry by any definition.

Search tags for this page

sneaky pete holster