1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Snapping a Ljutic trigger out of the gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What happens when you trip the trigger on a Ljutic Trigger out of the gun and letting it snap w/o catching the hammer?

Let me know the consequences.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

The hammer hinge pin on a Ljutic is a very small diameter. Dry firing out of the receiver places a very large amount of stress on the pin when the hammer hits it's stop. Worst case scenario is the pin breaks or may deform. A hardened replacement pin can be purchased for next to nothing at an industrial supply or hardware store. Try ACE Hardware. I believe the pin size is 1/8" X 1" but check to make sure. Marc

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If you place the cocking rod against a piece of wood or hard rubber, apply a little pressure as you pull the trigger, you can let the hammer down without "snapping the trigger" Releases the hammer without snapping. Works for me! Replacing the trigger pins about every year or so is a good idea. Check a bearing supply house. 1/8 x 1" polished pins.

Big Jack

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can pull the trigger when the gun is open, then close it and the trigger is uncocked.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I talked to Jimmy Ljutic and he said it will also break the hammer and t the hinge pin, plus break or bend hinge pin. My gunsmith Thurman Gobel says it will break the hammer at hing pin, as he has replaced several

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot