1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

snap caps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Snap Caps are the most dangerous equipement used at a gun club. I've seen a TV set blown-up by a snap cap, and I read at this site of a clubhouse with a snap cap hole in it.

Yeah, I know, only an idiot would..... But there are idiots in this world, and sometimes they show up at the gun club with guns. Or worse, they show up with guns and snap caps.

Yeah, yeah, I know how important saving your pins and springs is to some....but can't you do that at home?

2. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Joe, Two responses and still not an answer to your question. I want to think Jollytrapshooter was the one selling snap caps.

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Shotgun sports have nice wooly ones.

Trap-4

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

The link above is probably what you are looking for...

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Yes we do sell snap caps. Just go to the link that jhoward posted above and you can find all the information you need there. Thanks, Josh.

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I thought release triggers were the most dangerous piece of equipment in trapshooting......now we have another.

tony

7. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Why not make your own. Take an empty hull, cut the plastic portion in half (to distinguish from live shells), deprime and fill the hole with clear silicone making sure some of it protrudes on the outside. When dry, take a utility knife and trim the excess silicone leaving a little round on top of the primer hole. There you have it!

Terry Jordan sent me one made like this when I bought a wall chart from him.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I tell the story about the fellow that was looking at guns for sale at a shoot and asked one gun owner if he would be permitted to drop the hammer on a snap cap. The owner said, "Sure?!" The guy reached in his vest pocket, dropped the "cap" in the chamber, closed the gun and blew a 12 ga. hole in the sky over many observers sitting in chairs observing. Like likes-to-shoot, I prefer to drop the hammer on a coin if there's no way to relieve the springs otherwise; only I use a nickel......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Last year, wasn't there a guy killed in a California gun club parking lot by a snap cap?

10. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

On my TM 1 I can safely drop the hammer as follows: With the gun in the open position pull the trigger and hold, gently close the gun and the hammer will slowly fall. Once the gun is closed it will be decocked (?). I do not know if this works with other brands of guns and certainly with an O/U it will only decock one barrel. Marc

11. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I hate to say this but if someone cant tell the differences between a wooly snap cap and a live shell or have the sense to check before they rip on the trigger should they even be allowed to have a gun. Kirk

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Snap caps are the work of the Devil!

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"I hate to say this but if someone cant tell the differences between a wooly snap cap and a live shell or have the sense to check before they rip on the trigger should they even be allowed to have a gun." Kirk

We have evidence there are such people. Pretending there aren't doesn't help.

14. englishupland

englishupland Member

Are snap caps legal in Califonia?

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Snap Caps were invented by Muslim extremists to get us poor dumb trap shooters to kill each other and save them the trouble. The devil was probably responsible for the release triggers.

16. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Well, it is hard to blame a snap cap for that screw up. You have to blame the man that put a shell in the chamber and pulled the trigger..

17. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Well, it is hard to blame a snap cap for that screw up. You have to blame the man that put a shell in the chamber and pulled the trigger.."

So what's your point? If 687EELL or his friend lost a foot, or a knee, or worse why do they care "Who to blame." So if we figure out who to blame, how does that help an injured 687EELL or his friend?

And what the those that make similar justifications for snap cap always avoid the fact that there are idiots at gun clubs. And who here hasn't been struck an idiot for at least a short time. And it takes only a very short time to be the cause of a an accident. Why promote any behavior or product that justifies or encourgages shooters to be dropping their hammers anywhere but on the line?

18. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

HoosierDaddy - Why do you use snap caps?

19. tcherry

tcherry TS Member

snap caps don't kill people............................ people kill people