1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Snap Cap needed, help.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadeye45, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

This is likely not a Perazzi part per se that I need but here goes anyway. Recently bought a under barrel to fit my MX8. The top barrel portion has a ' snap cap ' in it. Had to remove the snap cap to add some weight to balance gun to my liking. In the process pretty much ruined the ' snap cap'. It says, "WANDA" PAT PENDING and is maroon in color. I need this particular one as the OD fits the ID of the barrel chamber perfectly. Where can I find one?
    Thanks,
    Larry

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

My guess is that a wooden dowel will let you shoot it the way you want on a temp. basis. Call Perrazi usa and/or see your local machinist..like make up a piece slightly oversize, chill it, then drop it in.

3. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Thanks for the suggestion.
    On a temporary basis, I just refrain from pulling the trigger the second time. My goal is to find the snap cap that fits it properly. I'm thinking the barrel was mfg is at least 25 years years ago. So this particular snap cap may not be avaiable any more.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Traditions makes apretty nice snap cap that is the same color that you are looking for and if it does not fitin the chamber firmly enough put a layer of shipping tape around it and i bet it will work fine they are made of metal and work pretty good i just bought a set for My 16 Ga SXS, dont use the plastic ones, plastic containes it's owm moisture and will rust the chamber.. I got mine at Bass Pro shop

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Wanda made an all plastic shell a number of years ago. Possible they made snap caps too or that somebody made a snap cap out of an empty Wanda Hull. I would guess the latter. They haven't made shells for many years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.