1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smsnyder on the roll

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Won my yardage group today (18-21 yards) in handicap at the SOUTHWEST GRAND. 35/40 MPH winds. It was tough shooting. HECK, I only shot an 89. I couldn't believe my name was at the top of the leader board at the end of the day. HIGH TODAY WAS 91. Got a beautiful silver medallion trophy with ribbon. Something i wanted. The Southwest Grand is a great shooting operation and very well orginized. This was my 4th win four weeks. I am excited. PROBABLY get my clock cleaned the rest of the week. Meeting a few Trapshooters.com members this week. Good shooting. Love my BLASER.

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Good shooting Earl.

Make us Pennsylvania boys proud.

3. smsnyder

Russ-in-PA. You could not believe the wind today. My hold point was 10 feet over the house so i wouldn't shoot under the birds. Never shot in this bad of wind before. By the way i'm a 20 yard shooter for now.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Earl good shooting anytime you win something at a big shoot such as the south west grand then it is a good day no matter the score because everyone else had to shoot in the same situation.

I hope my little friend Jenna will also be on the score bord's as a winner in the next few days at the south west grand.

Also I hope you are also Earl but if it gets down to the nut cutting and you and my friend Jenna was to be in a shoot off then I would wish my friend Jenna to prevail!

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good for you Earl. Have fun and enjoy. Envious Bob :)

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Great going Earl! Jeff

7. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Earl, good shooting. I am looking forward to getting there early Thursday morning for the final 4 days. Heard it was really tough yesterday. I have a few friends up there now shooting the preliminary events. I'll try and look you up when I get there. Shout at me if you see me. Probably one of the tallest shooters walking around. 6'-6" and gray-haired, usually in shorts and a t-shirt. Good luck on the rest of the week to you. Mike Hessong* (MH*) Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

How about some pictures like you took at the Dixie??

Great shooting also....

FRedmon

9. smsnyder

These 5 line highways in San Antonio suck. These drivers are crazy down here. My gps blow up so i had to buy a new one. You talk about getting lost. This is the place. I stopped and asked a few Mexicans for directions. Guess what ? No speak english. LOL

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Lost? I've been good lately, so don't get me started!

-S&M Snyder

11. smsnyder

GW22, TO FUNNY I did find the strip club. Not bad. LOL

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good shooting.

I still laugh thinking about that "trophy" you once posted a picture of.

-Gary

13. Bob Hawkes

God Bless you Earl, glad you're having fun and you sure have contributed to the enjoyment of a few others. LMFO, Bob

14. smsnyder

I hate these San Antonio 5 lane highways. Stressing me out. I even had two GPS units on the windsheild and still got lost. Allmost hit some wild pigs on the road. LOL

15. Bob Hawkes

Earl, You should take Senior Smoke on a road trip with you and put out a series of articles for Trap & Field. Hope your weather gets better, shoot well and enjoy. Bob

16. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Earl,

Please post the pictures from the strip club at your nearest convenience.

Thanks!

Jon Reitz

17. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Earl tied for his yardage group again, 95's today.

Is there a calcutta for Sunday? ;)

18. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I don't think they have one at this big satellite Grand, but at other events at the complex; Texas State shoot, zone shoots and such, they do.

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Earl shot well again today. Tied for either 1st or second place in HC. That Blaser seems to be the right gun for him. Phil asked him how long he's been with Sandy (his wife), and Earl said 15 years. Then Phil said "How many times have you changed your trap gun in that last 15 years?" Earl says "about 25." Phil told him that you should never change your trap gun more often than you change your wives. LOL!!!

I don't know if y'all know Earl or not, but he never sits still for very long. And when he's excited cuz he's winnin', he REALLY can't sit down for very long. LOLOL!!!

But we love him. :)

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah...that's a yardage group tie, BTW. I'm pretty sure that Martin won the Championship today. GOOD GOING BABY!!!

And Earl is soooooo right about the traffic down here. It's just as bad as D.C. Not only that, but people here DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. You gotta be on your toes, or you will be up somebody's culo (that's spanish).

This place is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have to say that this is the best club we've been to so far. I wouldn't mind if the Grand was here. Great help, great fields, awesome clubhouse which is centrally located, Beautiful landscaping, lots and lots of vendors in front of the trapline, and shaded benches at every trap. Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.