1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

smsnydder ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Earl, Do yourself a favor. Qiut bashing Krieghoff. Your just making yourself look like a small man. No I do not shoot one or own one at this time.

You bought a Blaser and it was the best thing on the block for awhile. You shot it well but alas it went down the road. I believe you then went to Kolar?
    So lets hear about the Kolar?

I shoot a Ithaca 4e at 16's A Remiinton 3200 at doubles and a 90T at handi-cap. But I don't bash anybody else's choich of gun. Give it a rest. JMHO :) Bill

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Wow Bill!!!! I know we did not get any snow here in the mtn......Carl Boner did not mention you got any......but it looks like you might be in winter mode??? Did steel prices fall through the floor????

GS

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

It's the truth. Krieghoff is an up graded Remington 3200 with stamped engraving. No bashing the gun just fact. Kolar and Blaser designed from the ground up. Blaser is a fine gun but I must have got a lemon. My Kolar is doing fine so far

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Krieghoff K80 or M32 has absolutely NOTHING in common w/ a 3200.

If you want to bash, at least get it right, the Krieghoff is the decedent of the Remington 32, NOT the 3200!

5. smsnyder

Skeetman, your probably correct. Than Krieghoff bought the rights to prouduce the Remington 32. Than is an upgraded copy of the Remington.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Barrel hanger, top latch? Nothing in common? HMB

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

HMB- The 3200 and K80 have the same thing in common as a Ford and a Chevy, which both have tires, but no one would ever consider comparing them based on those aspects.

8. smsnyder

If it wasn't a copy of the Remington why did Krieghoff buy the rights to reproduce it?

9. high 2

high 2 Member

OK then, a Lincoln Continental is just an upgraded Pinto. Glad we got that straight. Larry

10. smsnyder

Bill did you take your pill tonight. So far the Kolar is fine. It has not broke and I don't think it will. Built like a tank. Sleep tight. Lol

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Krieghoff bought the Patent rights from Remington for their Model 32.
    Remington also signed a no compete clause for a specified number of years.

Krieghoff made some design changes and produced their M32.

It wasn't till 1973 when Remington was released from the no compete clause and re-entered the market with their redesign of the Remington MODEL 32, this was the Remington 3200.

Ok--now what do I win for this knowledge?

Vern

12. smsnyder

Brownst100 good job

13. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

There are three basic designs of boxlock O/U: Boss, misc. Birmingham (Browning) and Belgian (the latest design).

Remington bought the rights & design of the Belgian, and produced the M32, which was a milled gun. The 3200 was a mostly similar stamped gun.

Krieghoff bought design rights from Remington, as well as from Liege and produced the K-32, which looked like a M32, but internally was only similar. The payment was not very much, and Remington's interest was in no confusion with the contemplated-but-not-designed/produced yet 3200.

The outside look of the K-80 are still M32-ish, but there is no other similarity.

Bob

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Model 32 and the K-80 are virtually identical inside, only minor upgrades. Krieghoff didn't buy the rights from Remington, Bascomb Lotspeich and another texan bought all the tooling from Remington, and went shopping in Europe for someone to produce Remington 32s. The first hundred or so were almost identical to the Remington 32, then got upgraded to a Miller trigger.
    The 3200 has only cosmetic resemblences to the 32, nothing interchanges. The k-80 of today is mfg'd with modern NC machine tools, to get interchangeability of wood and bbls. That was not the case with the old M32s, they were essentially hand made and nothing interchanged. The tooling from Remington all came in one trunk case, Remington made them from'32 to '42, and stopped because of the war.

15. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

A shame Earls Kolar isn't made in America.. Maybe his next gun will be

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

O boy, it sounds like somebody cant quite afford a Krieghoff so it's time to bash them caused by pure jealousy. Yes I have owned them all including Blaser,kolar,CG,Browning, Beretta, SKB all in combo form. While they are all good in there own way none mentioned compare to the K80 combo I now own. If for no other reason than resale, just check these boards out and see which one has the best resale and takes the least time to sale. It damn sure ain't a Kolar. It seems they never leave even when you lower the price to giving it away. Some have been on here for many weeks if not many months. Good luck when it comes to trading your Kolar or Blaser for a K 80.

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Where are Kolars made if not in America?

18. k80bav

k80bav Member

Sam, tell us about that Lujtic you had. You bad mouth every gun you touch.

19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

there is good and bad with them all. just like women pick one you can live with and count your blessings. the bad thing about running one in the dirt is sooner or later you're going to meet the next guy. Life is too short to spend it fretting about something that isn't part of your life, let it go and be grateful for what you have. I am. Leo

20. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I have no need for any more shotguns than I already have. Oh, I forgot I need an inexpensive used doubles shotgun.

Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.