1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking in Federal Buildings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Why, does he smoke cigarettes?

2. recurvyarcher

Wow, he covered THAT one up well...

3. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

He is a chain smoker, but the media has it covered up. They vilified the tobacco companies, but give this guy a pass.

http://obama-zone.com/interesting-facts/

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I bet Obama buys his cigarettes in tobacco state Vir when he is in DC and not from his home city of Chicago.

If he does buy cigarettes in IL he probably gets em from the Chicago outfit without the tax stamp on em. I'm sure some of the boys from Cicero still sell em in the windy city.

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

i quit smoking in january--dont want one either--since the white house is "my" house and not his--i say no,he should,she should, it should, not be able to smoke in "my" house,and it is my house,thats what most fail to realize.

Bill

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I say let him smoke. He could smoke in bed one night and fall to sleep. We can hope anyway.

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Jerry I did jut the opposite. I quit in 1988, remember the last day well. I smoked one after my daily 3 mile run,one after lunch and one after supper that night. I still remember the rush I got from head to toe. Realized I was nothing but a addict! I carried my smokes and lighter for 3 months. I kept telling my self I can smoke if I want to, I just don't want to right now. I'm still doing the same but don't carry anymore. Would like a smelly cigar but am fearful I'll be right back to square one, NO THANKS. As far as smoking in the Federal Bld, how many ways can one say NO! Jake

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

FlaLagarto- I too tried the smoking patch but I couldn't keep it lit!!! LOL I too used to smoke ciggy's (been 20 yrs. ago now) and I too enjoy the occasional cigar.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I started smoking at an early age because it was cool and all of my friends did it ... I quit one time for 5 years and went back to smoking and from then on I tried to make up for the smoking I missed out on for those 5 years ... I got to the point where I was smoking 4 to 5 packs a day and I swear thats true ... I would smoke an entire pack of cigarettes with my morning coffee if you believe that ... I had a massive heart attack back in 1995 and was told that if I didn't quit that my cigarettes would be the death of me before we went into the "cath" room for the proceedure and I gave my word to the Doctor that this day would be the end of my smoking ... If you think that was not reason enough to quit smoking, then you should of been there as they worked on my heart to clear clogged artieries and place stents so the Old blood pumper could keep working ... I was asked several times by that Doctor how I was doing with my quitting smoking and I told him that being a man of my word I quit that day and never looked back and that is the truth, my girlfriend at the time (now wife)confirmed it with him almost every time I has an appointment ... I'm not sure but would have to believe that if I had not wuit right then I would probably be dead by now like a few other people I knew ... If I can quit anybody can and thats a promise because if I was awake I was smoking ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I kind of thought Obama had the voice of a smoker, as someone else said, he does a pretty good job of hideing the addiction. I'll bet he gets pretty keyed up during those long speaking appearances when he can't smoke.

Yep I'm an ex-smoker too, I just eat snuff these days. (not good either)

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If Barack bought smokes in Va. and transported them to Il. he would be guilty of smuggling across state lines. Do you really think he would jeapordize his candidacy for a smoke after sxx? Yeah right. LOL Bulge

12. recurvyarcher

Well, the fact that he smokes and his mom died of cancer should have everyone just as worried that Biden will step up if Obama passed away due to lung cancer, since they are all so worried about McCain being old and passing away.

Now am I am going to get a visit from the Secret Service because I used Obama and Death in the same post?

13. willing

willing Member

His mother died of ovarian cancer. It might have been from excesses but not smoking. If he has to buy cigarettes there's something wrong. Those who adore him are just waiting to do ANYTHING for him.

Bill

14. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

Hey, Bill Clinton used cigars when he was in the White House...Oh...that's right...he didn't light the ones he was using.

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought all the people in federal bldgs were blowing smoke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.