1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smok'en Joe in the hospital

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by EuroJoe, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Smok

Heard this last night at Maywood, don't know any details.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No matter the reason i will say a prayer for him and his family. Get well soon friend.--Matt

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Joe had his gall bladder removed.. I heard from him a day or two ago.. I hear he's doing well.. but a prayer or two for a quick,painless,recovery is always helpful.. Mike

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

He shoulda used some lube...

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Hope for a full and quick recovery..

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters if he is a good guy on here or not. He has some health issues and we should all care enough to pray for his recovery. I mean even the guys i don't care for on here i don't wish any ill will on them. I'm sure you didn't mean it negatively like that though.

Has anybody heard anymore about how he is doing?

7. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

i just bought a stock and foreend from Smokin,here in Canada. Very credible,just as advertised and here in a timely fashion,a good fella to do bussiness with.Jack

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Thank you all for your concern and prayers...

I did have emergency Laparoscopic surgery to remove my gallbadder on Saturday.
    Surgeon told me the ducts were blocked and I was full of stones (actually # 7 1/2 shot)...sorry Jack, he didn't save any so I can't send it to you.

I've had a few attacks that lasted three to four hours, but nothing like this one. The surgery and recovery is nothing compared to the pain I had prior to going in. It's a routine procedure and nothing to be afraid of. Thank God I went in and got it taken care of before it ruptured.

I'm home recuperating and doing fine. Hope to return to the firing line soon.

Thanks Again!

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

PITA not being able to smoke in the hospital,ain't it!!

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Glad to hear all is well.

Ed

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hope your feeling better, I had the same thing happen about a year ago ... I got a bacterial and viral infection after the procedure (Gall Bladder removal) and lost 40 pounds from no appetite and loose bowels ... I ended up being hospitalized for 8 days almost 4 weeks later because of Renal failure due to the infection which was making my body shut down ... If you get loose bowel movements contact your Surgeon right away and do not let them tell you its nothing, that infection can kill you ... I was told its rare for something like that to happen but it does happen, I'm living proof of it ... This is just a FYI and not meant to scare anyone ... Hope alls well with your recovery ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

P.S. Stay away from fried foods for awhile or you will be sorry, I was ...

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hope you ALL are doing well....I'm still down with complications that never seem to end

13. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Evening Joe

Hope your feeling better and get well soon. I was going to get you a get well card...then I saw these..$1.09 a pack...so I got them instead.

Vern

[​IMG]

14. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

YAC,

I've had no complications so far (thank GOD!) but what you endured is a good
    example of what can happen. Doctor told me postponing the inevitable is NOT a good idea and a ruptured gallbladder can be FATAL.

I feel very fortunate...

As I said earlier, the new laproscopic procedure is nothing compared to the risk of waiting too long. Thank you all again for your concern and kind words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.