1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoked Salmon at Linn Creek

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mette56, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Who supplied the Alaskan Smoked Salmon for everyone to try at the MO Fall Handicap? I meant to get the address off of the package, but it went fast!

Delicious and the best I've ever had. Seasoning was awesome!!!

Thanks to the donor.

milt

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hi Milt, that would be me that sent down the smoked salmon. Glad you liked it! My family has been in the smoking business up here in Alaska since 1970. The link above will take you to our website or if you want to just shoot the shit give me a call.

Jim Trujillo
    Ed's Kasilof Seafoods
    800-982-2377

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Smoked-Salmon-Fillet.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=smoked-salmon-rack-full.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Milt...

Indeed it was Jim....he makes the BEST stuff. If you get on his website, order a tub of the king crab dip.

I was SUPPOSED to be at the shoot WITH the salmon, but l(w)ife got in the way and well...maybe next year.

Glad you enjoyed it!!! come up and shoot with us, July 15-19.

jeff

4. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

If you like the salmon you need to join us for our state shoot in July. There will be more fish and lots of fun for everyone ! !

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Alaska State Shoot...July 15-19, 2009 in Anchorage.

$6k added money all by lewis class - we might have 110 shooters, so good money, really. Over $9k in trophies. Dinners every night...all you can eat steaks on saturday.

It's a fun shoot...Dave Cross runs a GREAT show at the club.

Drop me a PM or an email...I can provide details...things to do...places to stay...costs...restaurants.

jeff

6. mette56

BB,

Where is it held...and the dates?

I've looked through '08 Trap & Field's and can find NO mention of the Alaska State shoot.

What other clubs near? Are you able to get minimum targets in there?

I'm looking at flights now. And would love to move there...but have no idea of what to expect.

milt

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yukon's right..no problem with min targets. Send me an email...we'll get you hooked up.

Jeff
    Alaska ATA president

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jack you need to come up here and learn how to have fun all over again. Those ying-yang guys from Anchorage do throw a damn good shoot even if they couldn't hit a barn with a shotgun. We stayed up until midnight every night drinking free beer and throwing horseshoes. If I remember right(kinda blurry) the guys from Fairbanks had a blender making Margaritas. Another night after trying to make up to Yukon's wife for a joke I played on her in Fairbanks this picture came about. I haven't laughed so hard or felt like I was 16 for along time. LOL

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JimandJune.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. mette56

I just talked with Jack (MIA) and we are both coming. Can I bring some of my smoked brisket and pork to pay you guys back for the excellent smoked salmon???

Anyone wanting to squad with Jack and me, PM me. You must be old and slow...no fast squads for us!! LOL

I contacted the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce today!

milt

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Here is what it looks like up here right now:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=2lake.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Milt...I'm emailing with both you and Jack.

Lets get your plans set as to what you want to do / see besides shooting and then we can help you get the things you want to do done.

I'll try to dig out some itineraries i did for some guys last year and send them...

jeff

12. mette56

Jeff,

...for me, I want to hang out at the club and maybe fish a little. If Jimette comes, she has never been on a good fishing trip and has terrible luck fishing. Other than that, I'll be looking at housing, restaurant location and all the good sea food and fresh water fish we can find. But at this point, I have no idea which location we should consider settling in. Anchorage, Juno, ???. As stated before, I'm working with the Anchorage Chamber and will spread out from there to the other larger cities. Best map I can find shows very little roads throughout the state. What towns have trap clubs that shoot registered targets???

Looks like Wasilla might be a good spot...not far from Anchorage.

See ya soon, and can't wait!!!

Thanks for the pictures and info...Keep any info coming to my e-mail address, I'm forwarding to other friends. Lots of interest! I think others in my family are coming and they are not trapshooters.

milt

13. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Ed's Kasilof Seafoods did this up for me :)

[​IMG]

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

Milt if your serious about moving up here then I would definitely be looking at either the Kenai Peninsula or the Matanuska Valley. There are trap clubs in Homer,Kenai, Anchor Point and a very nice club called Grouse ridge in Wasilla. There is also good fishing in the Mat valley but you will have to travel to either Seward, Whitier or Homer for halibut fishing.

15. mette56

Jeff or Jim,

Are there walleye to be caught in the area?

Lots of local lobster??

Hope so,

milt

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Pictures of the Mat-Su Vallley & Grouse Ridge

http://www.ysr-racer.com/alaska_2008.htm

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.