1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson model 41 .22 cal target pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Abigail, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abigail

Abigail TS Member

I know you all are mostly shotgun people but if anyone has a Smith and Wesson model 41, 51/2" barrel, .22 target pistol that you would be willing to part with for a reasonable price please reply to this thread or email me removing the xxxx's..

I am looking to put together a target pistol with a red dot scope but need to be as cost effective as possible so I would like to avoid buying a new one if someone has one out there that is not being used. There have been a lot on gunbrokers.com that keep getting recyled because the reserves are not being met so I am also watching that closely.

Thanks,
    Abby

2. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Hi Abby,

Here is another thought for you, instead of a model 41, have you considered a 1911 Marvel conversion? Ultimately the price is about the same yet you get to shoot a .22 from a highly accurate 1911 frame. If you are getting into bullseye pistol, you will end up shooting a 1911 anyway. I found mine to be highly accurate and use iron sights. When I was active, I was just as good as the scope shooters.

Mike

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Check your E mail.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Ditto, Mike. MARVEL is the way to go! -
    BTW, this is the 2nd posting of the same subject.

5. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

I have a custom built Caspian frame for mine, I didn't want to have to change slides between matches. The Marvel came with a test target of .61 inches at 50.
    The only reason I miss the X ring is because of me.

Mike

6. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Abby,

If you don't find one on ts.com try going to simpsonltd.com. They are a very reputable dealer, and usually have several model 41's in stock.

Jim

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Abby, did you get the pics? Murray

8. fly

fly Active Member

Buy a Pardini 22 cal.

9. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I use the Marvel slide on my Caspian frame with a red dot. ........WOW, what a shooter... Have 2 S&W 41s & they do not shoot close to the Marvel - however good luck getting one................Pete

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

If any of you optical sight Marvel owners need a adjustable iron sight top end I have one to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

smith and wesson mod 41 target pistol