1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson K frame early 1950 SPF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by xb40, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xb40

xb40 Member

0   0   0

Early 1950's S&W K frame target stocks. No extractor cutout. Diamond centers. In perfect condition. $260.00 shipped. PMO or PP gift. SPF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'll offer $60.00

3. xb40

xb40 Member

0   0   0

5 million clowns in the world, there all starving to death, and you are trying to be funny.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Pictures of insides of both grip panels.

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Do a little checking on this style of grips and you'll find out he's not being funny.

6. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

I don't understand who the clown here is? I thought it was the guy selling but he doesn't seem to think so. ???/ I have shot competitive pistol for 25 years and most shooter I know including my self have drawers full of grips like that and nobody wants them even though they look nice, they are not comfortable to shoot with so aftermarket grip are purchased. What makes these so special? An honest question? Something to a very rare collector?

7. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

What makes these special??

The diamond grips make these special. A required addition to pre-67 or so Smiths..

Just saying....

But, the're not "cokes".

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

When I graduated from being a Smith & Wesson revolver owner to a minor-league collector of them, I learned real quick that those "more comfortable" stocks devalue a gun by a fairly large amount. Today, nice checkered target stocks - even later ones with the speedloader cutout like those on the two longer barreled Model 66s below - command big bucks like anything else that was attractive and no longer made. And ones with nice wood figure do some very serious money. Those "more comfortable" stocks are still being made and are for sale in many gun shops and on dozens of Internet sites.

Probably the most uncomfortable S&W stocks were the round-butt finger-groove combats like the ones on the 2-1/2" Model 66 in this photo. Today, they are among the most expensive.

[​IMG]

And if you think older Smith & Wesson stuff is overpriced, talk to a Colt collector!

Ed

JSLP thanked this.
  9. xb40

xb40 Member

0   0   0

Big Dave, I would certainly like to see your drawer full of stocks like this. You and I can do business.

10. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Non relieved Target Stocks were only made for a couple of years in the early 50's. I have a couple of sets. One set came on my pre 24, and one set came on my pre 27. They were a special order and both the "N" frame and the "K" and are semi rare. Though only made for a couple years they were available from the factory up until about 1958 as they were a not to popular special order item.

These stocks with the plastic adapter are very rare. I seen a set with the adapter sell last year for $500.00, had they went to auction I'm sure they would have sold for more.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-hand-ejectors-1896-1961/141580-rarest-target-stocks.html

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-hand-ejectors-1896-1961/119462-types-smith-wesson-revolver-grips.html

11. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

XB40, I am not saying that I have the ones that don't have the latch relief but I do have a few or several ( I have to check) pairs from revolvers that I have purchased over the years and replaced the grips with rubber ones. When the time came to sell them, the new buyer was not interested in them so they sit in my drawer. I remember going to my local gun shop when it was around and they had a bargain box that was full of S&W wood grips all shapes and styles from $5-$20. Maybe I should have bought the box? I like the looks of them but don't think I have shot more than 30 rounds with a set on.

So what is making these so special or collectable? That is an honest question, not trying to be sarcastic about what you are selling, maybe I need to be educated.

Dave

12. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

I thought JimR, Ed and I answered that Dave!

(Edit to add jimr )

13. xb40

xb40 Member

0   0   0

I think JimR left no stone un-turned in his discription and value also. These are collectors stocks, for very early 50s S&W revolvers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k frame nonrelieved stocks

s&w 1950 k frame grip info

s&w nonrelieved target grips

s&w target stocks no cutout

smith and wesson j frame target grips

smith and wesson k frame target grip no cutout relief rare

smith model 66

target grips for s&w k frame