1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson, "Jerry Miculek" Series.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FalconSprint, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

I'm looking at this revolver in .45acp. It's from Smith's Champion Series. Is this just a run of the mill regular Smith or do you think it has a smoother action than the regular Smith revolvers? Anything better about it or is it just his name added since he's won just about everything there is to win in revolver comp? Anyone have one?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Smith & Wesson,

I have never seen a S&W revolver from the factory that couldn't made a little smoother with some fine tuning. HMB

3. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Smith & Wesson,

I have both,the J M 625 has better sights,trigger,grips,a champhered cylinder and looks better.its not that much more expensive go for the J M ,you want be dissapointed unless you want perfect,but its close, Dan Witcher

4. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Smith & Wesson,

You may not like the grips and it won't make you shoot like Jerry but it is a good revolver.

5. Copper46

Copper46 Member

Smith & Wesson,

You should try a PRE MODEL 27 smoothest action ever.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Smith & Wesson,

Any revolver.. moving parts.. fit.. and finish.. The more time a pro works on it.. the smoother it becomes. What one can do with 2000 grit diamond dust is almost unbelievable.. but someone must pay for time.. and deathly expensive lapping dust.. There are tricks out there done with the position of the rachet on the hammer creating a shorter trigger pull/faster cycle.. But most of that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond the average shooter..

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Smith & Wesson,

I think years ago..more time was spent of fit and finish then they do today.. If you want that quality in smoothness or finish.. get out your checkbook..

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Smith & Wesson,

hmb is right, and I have seen very few S&W's that were timed properly from the factory.
    If if doesn't come from the factory Performance Center it is probably just cosmetic differences. Jerry uses his own style of grips. I don't think amyone would want a gun like he uses anyway, I believe he uses a very heavy trigger pull to get a fast trigger return.

9. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Smith & Wesson,

Thanks all, reason I asked is I never held one personally. I know I probably won't like the grips, but I'll probably change them out to laser grips anyway. My search found very few .45acp revolvers available. Guess the world has passed me by, but I'm still a revolver kind of guy, and love the .45 cal performance. Have nothing against semi-autos, own quite a few myself, but if the chips were down, I'd just rather have the revolver. I have a Taurus revolver in .45 acp, it's just OK. My gun guy can smooth this new one out if need be. I need this gun like I need another hole in my butt, but I gotta do what I can, spend some money to keep the economy rolling along. Guess I'll order it tomorrow. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.