1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson 18-3 Value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duke1966, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1966

duke1966 TS Member

I have a Smith & Wesson model 18-3 K-22. I would rate at 98%. Curious of the value.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Duke, If I have your gun right it is a #18 .22 cal. combat masterpiece 4 in barrel in blue only Disc, in 1985. 98% is $345 Plus $30 for the TT and TH models. There were 4 engineering changes to this model. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have an 18-4. What a fun gun. And accurate, too. It was the first Christmas present my wife gave me.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I bought a S&W 18-3 - 99% condition as new in original box with all papers and cleaning tools - last year for $615 and felt like I got a good deal after shopping around for one for several months. The Blue Book is only a guide..especially for S&Ws - the prices quoted are unrealistically low...just try to buy 98% guns for the prices listed in the Blue Book - Good Luck, they aren't there. Best Regards, Ed

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Any Blue Books other than the one just published last month, edition #31, is useless for pricing S&W revolvers. Prices for them were on the rise pre-Obama, but went up significantly after he got elected. And even #31 hasn't quite caught up to current prices.

I'll take all the true 98% Model 18's you can bring me at $345.

EE

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Blue Book is also generic for local prices. Some areas seem to fetch more for certain guns than other areas.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

$400 to $700+ depending on what 98% means to you & if you have the box, all papers,unopened cleaning kit,wrapper,etc.

8. BigSky

BigSky TS Member

I think the people that write the blue book gun values are all on crack. It's been the same song and dance for 30+ years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

s&w 18-3

s&w 18-3 value

s&w model 18

s&w model 18-3 value

smith and wesson model 18 3 value
smith wesson model 18 3 value
smith&wesson model 18 combat
value of model 18 smith