1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & weson model 1000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Smith & Wesson model 1000

I saw one of these auto loaders in a pawn store for $400 30" vent rib full choke good cond. Does anyone have any experience with these guns? Thanks

2. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I know I spelled it wrong but you all know what I mean.

3. joe scout

joe scout Member

I have skeet version of the S&W1000 with a tula type choke, it's in excellent condition. It has a adjustable comb and very nice wood, pictures available. The 1000 is once again supposed to be coming back into production, if it isn't already in production. S&W also made a trap version. My daughter shot this skeet gun for awhile and never had a problem. I also have a 28" 3"mag. field S&W 1000 that I bought mostly for a back up parts gun this gun is missing a few minor parts which available.

I'm looking the sell both, will take $450.00 for the pair.

Joe IN Reno,Nevada 775-849-9519

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Magnum and Super Skeet models had steel receivers, The rest of the line was aluminum. I don't know about Trap models but would assume steel.

The steel is preferable.

HM

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

If this is one of the older ones, it dates back to when S&W was part of the infamous Bangor/Punta group who about drove it, Harley, Brunswick, Skamper, Alcan and others into the ground. We, in our old shop, sold a lot of these, had no complaints and the new price (dealer) was around $200. I'd buy two of these to get enough credit to get a Model 29 (thanks to Dirty Harry, these were going for upwards of $450 when retail was supposed to be about $245...we had to buy $450 in "related" Smith stuff to get a 29 at dealer cost)...I know, I just spread lots of bs but we never had one of the 1000's come back. I always figured the buyers used them a couple times a year for hunting. They sure looked like an 1100. Not the same at all as the new ones.

6. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

If you get it check the recoil buffer under the gas piston. A little piece of rubber that goes south pretty often. Many times you will find what looks liek tar in the magazine tube, it is the remains of the buffer. I have heard of some taking a piece of leather and soaking it in oil to use as a buffer.

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a S&W 1000 that is marked Trap on the steel receiver. Comes with a 30 inch barrel with a high rib and Winchoke tubes. It has the wire shell catcher, and the box it came in. Only modification I did was to put a limb saver pad. Anybody interested, send me a PM. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how can you tell if a smith and wesson model 1000 is a field or trap