1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SMART BOMB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Delbert, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

OUR COUNTRY IS DOOMED!!!!! And yes I meant the CAPS.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Doda, if what you post is true and factual, I agree they should be hung for treason. I can understand the concept of keeping friends close and my enemies even closer, but you don't give them our technology. You give them the old crap as a token of "friendship" hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean?

John E.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

China owns the U.S.

Despite the low value of the U.S. dollar, the Chinese central bank keeps lending us money by the hundreds of billions, so that we can keep investing in factories and keep buying their cheap products.

The more we owe them, the less leverage we have.

5. atashooter

atashooter Member

Wanna Fortune Cookie with that ? Fortune cookie say " Confusious say, You dirty Amelican belong to us now"

6. willing

willing Member

How many remember when the Japs were buying New York City and all the great golf courses??

What do they own now?

Bill

7. recurvyarcher

Bill, there is a big difference in buying some property in the U.S. versus financing our national deficit.

8. SeldomShoots

I hear you recurvy, some people in this country think that China manufacturing a bunch of cheap $hit and importing it into the U.S. is somehow a benefit to the population of America. What a crock! Funny thing is, if these products are so cheap to manufacture in China, how come the prices aren't any lower on 95% of the products made in Mexico or China? Too darn many CEO's lining their pockets!! No CEO is worth the millions that they make. Its just corporate america, and politicians selling America out. John E.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is hard to fight these prejudices once they get started. There are many Americans that think the only good guns are from Italy and the only good cars are from Japan.

10. SeldomShoots

Hey high, personally, I think the best guns are from Germany. Although, great guns use to be made right here in America, Remington, Winchester and Ithaca before modern times and the desire for cheap stuff over quality became the doctrine of corporate america and we as Americans started settling for that crap. Just look back at some of the old Ithacas and Winchesters with the fine wood carving and engraving. That was craftsmanship, we don't have that here or anywhere anymore except through Conn. Shotgun Works or Doug Turnbull, and you can still get it from Germany and Italy (where there are still gun guilds).

John E.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

That tells me the "smart bombs" are no longer that "smart" compared to the new stuff we just cooked up at area 51.

I think they got them some death rays up in thare man that can influct mass destructafaction upon are enmies just by hittin' the swich, I'm here to tell ya.

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I was more talking about auto loaders. I have a lot of friends who have paid out the 1300 dollars for the Benelli auto loaders. I paid under 500 for my Remingtons. After a few thousand rounds with them at the target range and while hunting I see no difference between mine and theirs except for the initial price and the fact that mine kicks a lot less. I also have a friend that just bought a Stoeger auto. Same basic action as the Benellis and functions just as good but his Muslim made gun was about a third what they spent.

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Maybe smart bombs are the "old" technology.

14. SeldomShoots

I understand where you're coming from now, high. I like the Beretta autos, but Remington 1100's especially the older ones are every bit as good or better, especially when you consider the price difference. Do you think that Remington makes as good of a gun today as it did in the 60's and 70's? Do you get the feeling when you look at the new models, especially the ones that you would find in the Wal-mart type stores that the quality of the machining and finish have gone downhill compared to older models? If so, why do you think Remington chose to cheapened or lessened the quality of their product? I speculate that it was Wal-Mart demanding that Remington sell them a gun for a price that would allow them to make a huge mark up or profit; way more than a typical gun dealer or store would make.

John E.

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Heck, Slick Wille's bunch gave 'em technology for MERVs, so smart bombs, as you call them. are small potatoes.

16. recurvyarcher

Maybe they got the old JDAMs, or maybe just the magnetics or something. I'll have to look into it more.

17. recurvyarcher

I thought MERVs were robots. Is that what you're talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.