1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

smaller rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Here's a rib I made this morning.. 12" long ...8mm wide and 1/2" high.. Hope it works well... All Good.. Mike

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now tell us the Rest Of The Story!

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

OK.. A friend of mine on the board asked me how a smaller version would work.. So.. I made one to find out.. I can't shoot worth a crap anymore.. so at least I can still tinker.. Nothing else to tell.. All Good Mike

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Mike, I made mine 8 or 9 inches long and I can tell you they were too short. I do believe that you are on the right track and yes,it's fun to experiment. I gave up the rib quest when I finally made the concerted effort to become a two eyed shooter. Ribs are probably still in the future. Good luck and have fun Mike.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I agree with the 8" being to short.. Next rib will be 15" long.. See if its any different..

6. Bob Hawkes

Any market for our rejects Mike?? You'd think a person should get some compensation for their education. :)

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

All is not lost.. you could shorten it and put it on a handgun..

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Hi Dick.. I've shot those before.. and when my eyes were better.. they worked fine.. Today.. I'm trying to get everything in front of me.. in the infinity range.. Nothing close in.. I have a specific reason I'm going after the short rib.. My vision problems lead the pack in reasoning..

9. Bob Hawkes

I'm sure you've noticed Mike that even with the too short rib, you certainly know where the barrel is in relationship to the target. I'm confident it's going to work for you and the journey will have been enjoyable. Good luck, Bob

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I know a guy whose eyes are so bad that he is looking for a Braille rib!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.