1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

small tankless propane hot water heater?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The first one of these I ever saw was in 1971 in Japan and had one on my shower and it worked really well. I should have bought some while there as they are very costly today. Jackie B.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TXOJQ4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I just bought this one for a lady friend's grooming trailer.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

That's pretty good but I see that it's says for outdoor use only. It looks a lot like the one I had in Japan and it really worked well. The price is right too. I might get one for my fishing place for the outside room. I've wanted to add a shower and toilet to the fish cleaning station and that would work great. Jackie B.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jackie they have had them in the states for quite a while, most were imports and we couldn't ever get parts for them though, but in the last few years there have been some domestic MFG's that have started making them here, I think Ruud, Rheem, AO Smith and Bradley White make them.

The only down side to them is you water has to be pretty good, if there are minerals or the water is hard they really go down hill fast, some you can clean, but the temperature rise across the heat exchanger is higher than a tank type and the minerals "precipitate" out of the water and stick to the heat exchanger, so the efficiency goes way down

If you are located in the northern parts where it gets cold you will need to take that in account when sizing the heater as it takes more heat to warm colder water

And you will most likely have to increase the gas line as they have a much higher BTU rating to heat the water that fast

Just a little info, some people love them some people hate them

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

What about the propane water heaters in motor homes? On my motor home I could go out and light mine and by the time I came back in and got ready for the shower it was hot. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.