1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Small Shooting Merchants - LOOK OUT!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WindyCity, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I always thought I was somewhat safe due to the small nature of our sport. I did OK over Christmas with sales, but I was hit with more than $1,000.00 in chargebacks from fraudelent credit card usage. I do not ship internationally, and items were shipped to Syracuse, NY; Spokane, WA; and Kansas, OH.

As anyone that accepts credit cards, Visa, MC, Amex knows,they can just walk in and take the money back that someone disputes. As if it wasn't tough enough out there!

Stay aware of your billing addresses. Good luck.

Yours in sport,

Cory Kreith

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I quit taking CC's 6 months ago.. I would have someone place a online order, want it shipped overnight and then a week later I get a real nice and pretty letter telling me the card was stole. The last package was shipped to Cali. I called the poo-lease and they said it happened in Cali. I call the Cali poo-lease and they say it happened in tennessee.. its all a big run around no one wants to do anything about.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Think PayPal, then there is no doubt you will get paid ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. rw993

rw993 Active Member

I make prospective buyers fill out and sign a CC auth form with details of agreement before accepting. Never had a problem.

However, I will only take USPS money orders, not bank drafts.

RW

5. tj303

tj303 Member

Postal money orders don't bounce.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The last check I took bounced, cost me 40 in bank charges.

POMO only from here on.

HM

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

CCs do work two ways...

I had a "one-time" charge last fall and the vendor, mistakenly or not, recharged my card for a renewal... I was glad to have the protections... so I suppose it falls on which side of the transaction you are on at the moment.

I imagine a vendor who goes out of business, with no delivery... full protections are available... never an excuse for fraud on either end...

Sorry you got smacked like that... margins are already thin!

regards all,

Jay

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Western Money orders.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I accept Paypal, MO or a personal check if I'm familiar with the person. Only been burnt 2 times and for petty $ transactions. And I do mean PETTY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.