1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    i haven't shot since late november, so i decided to go to lakeview gun club this morning to shoot. i felt like a fish out of water. targets that i should have hit with regularity i was missing. i guess a certain amount of rust has to fall off inorder to feel comfortable and hit some targets with regularity. i have always been amazed that a small percentage of shooters can stay away from the game for a year, or years, and they come back and break 100 straight. to those shooters who can do this, i tip my hat to them, very impressive. usually if i miss a weekend of shooting, i can feel it. in high school i did well in football and baseball. baseball coaches told me that i had good hand eye coordination, you would think that would transend to shooting, but at best i was less than an average shooter. anyone you know who can take long layoffs and shoot well the first time they come back to shoot? wonder if the top dogs in this sport, feel rusty when they come back. 99 probably is rusty to them. did you ever win anything at a shoot after a long lay off?
    steve balistreri
  2. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Feb 4, 2008
    I took 15 years off, suddenly on a whim went out there with an 870 that was around and I had never shot. Shot 3 24's in a row; two from 16, one from 21.

Opposite problem, got the fire again, bought a new and better gun, and it was downhill, downhill, downhill, so I availed myself of lessons and that's the best thing I ever did to work and get the "groove on" again after 15 years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.