1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

small front sight with lite tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

help. what is the name of the little lite tube that replaces the front sight. I know theey make a long one that has the magnetic attachments and the tube is about 2 1/2 inches long but i thought i saw one that is about 3/4 inches and not sure how it attaches to the rib. I also thought it comes with a couple of the sight tubes. can someone tell me the name and makes of this thing and where to find them. thanks.. motordoc

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

hi-viz

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I sell a bunch of 'em. Affix to the rib with double backed adhesive tape. Hi-viz sights sell for $19.99!!

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Hi-Vis makes them to replace front bead and screws to fit most guns..............GOOD LUCK

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Tru-glow is what I use I think .

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<center>
    [​IMG]    It's the <I>Hi-Viz Comp Sight</I> and it attaches with a screw that goes into the bead hole.</center>

MK

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Unknown1 has it right, same sight as provided on factory Brownings.

Robert

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Just be careful...they can rotate and if you don't notice it then you are screwed, and that's not a pun.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you want something smaller, Brownells has a Bradley screw-in front sight with a red or green fiber optic. The end of the bead is about 3/32", but gives a "glow" of about 1/8".

Doug

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have the Hi Viz in stock like unknown1 pictured.
    Don

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"Just be careful...they can rotate..."</blockquote>Good point...

The sights that come attached to Browning factory barrels are very slightly different from the standard Comp sight. The ones Hi-Viz provides to Browning have a second little round lug on the underside of the base that fits into a small divot in the rib to keep the sight base from turning around the single screw.

A very tiny dab (read "pin head") of "Shoe-Goo" or 5-minute epoxy on the breech end of the underside of the standard base will prevent turning but can be broken if the sight needs to be removed.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.