1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

small cars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ahab, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! I'm gonna get one a them!

No Obamamobile for me!

2. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Was that a Smart Car? Granted, if it was a BMW Isetta, you wouldn't even see it anymore.
    -Trappy

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The main danger in small cars is in collisions with bigger vehicles. This is a worst case scenario. Being caught between to very large trucks. If everyone drove small vehicles these semis would be the biggest danger left. My wife has survived being rear-ended in small cars by a large Pepsi truck and a large trash truck. In both cases the car was totaled but she suffered no injury. My daughter went off the highway and rolled her small car 3 times and walked away with a couple of scratches. I don't know how many times I have heard from guys that will drive a motorcycle that they wouldn't drive a small car because they are too dangerous. No logic in that. I have been in about 8 car crashes in my life, all but one with other drivers. About half of them in small cars. So far I have never been injured. Any car of any size can be a death trap. We have truckers in large semis killed every year. I have seen the cab completely smashed into a concrete bridge before. I always told my own children be careful, cars are more dangerous than guns.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's called "Kinetics".....

Curt

5. drh08

drh08 TS Member

HighFlyer: I wouldn't ride with you anyplace in anything!! You appear to have some sort or accident attractant ora or somthing about you.

Hey if they can build a cart car to do over 200 mph and crash it into a wall and they walk away, let technology do it's thing.

There is always the extreme that could kill you. By the way, my former job was a funeral director. You would be amazed to learn most people that die in car accidents don't have any signs of the accident. The G force they encountered simply rips internal things apart.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

High Flyer For your safety and mine don,t drive please .

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have been in one wreck where I was the driver. Going through an intersection a guy turned right into me. He then left the scene of the accident. I did too chasing him right to his house. The insurance companies decided it was his fault and his paid for the accident. Then I was with my Brother-in-Law in a parking lot. I wanted to warn him but didn't want to be a back seat drive. He backed right into a car in the parking lot. Then there was the time the old woman thought she was hitting the brake but hit the gas slamming into the side of my mother's car. Then there was the time I was with a friend trying to cross two lanes of heavy traffic. He sat there so long I thought I was going to die from boredom. When he finally pulled out he got slammed by a car in the close lane he pulled right in front of. Then there was the time I got rear ended in a friends Pinto. I was in the back seat. They were prone to blow up into flames in a rear-end collision but we got lucky (my neck really did hurt a little after that one). Those are the only ones I can remember at the moment but I know there are a few I am forgetting. It's like trying to remember all the jobs I have had. It takes a while to recollect all of them.

8. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Let me guess you can't remember the others from the head trauma :)

9. atashooter

atashooter Member

The picture above demonstrates exactly why you finance a Smart car for 5 years. You never live to pay it off!!

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Because they are paid by the mile and time is money they do not slow down in bad conditions either. Every time the roads ice over there are semis jackknifed in the road or off the roadway. It's like the post office motto, neither rain, sleet, snow, or fog will delay their run. Accidents do though. I find the worst drivers I see tend to be men in pickup trucks and women in SUV's. They are always speeding, running red lights and tailgating. Sometimes I think I missed my true calling as a traffic cop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.