1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Small Bussiness Advertising Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Gambrell, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Gambrell

Bob Gambrell TS Member

This is a question for you small business owners out there that pertains to the IRS.

If you have your business name on your vehicle, is all of you mileage tax deduct able?

The IRS web site wasn't able to answer my question.

Thanks for any feed-back.

Buckeye Cmdr

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I believe only that part of the mileage that you can prove was business related is tax deductable. Having your company name on your car doesn't by itself classify it as a business only vehicle. If you had a seperate vehicle that was used for business only like a van or truck then it's not an issue.

Eric

3. Bob Gambrell

Bob Gambrell TS Member

I would think, however, that basically your vehicle is a rolling billboard. There again, logic and IRS doesn't necessarily go hand in hand.

Buckeye Cmdr

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You can't take both mileage and depreciation. Depreciation is already used as part of the mileage computation. Ron

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can take depreciation if you are deducting actual expenses rather than a the allowed milage deduction.

This can pay off if you have extensive repairs like engine or transmission failure.

Otherwise the milage figure is better.

HM

6. Bob Gambrell

Bob Gambrell TS Member

Thanks.

BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.