1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SLUMP HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcenfarms, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

I am haveing a huge slunp

Last year i was in the 90's this year if i hit 80 i had a good day how do i fix it

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What are you doing different?

What have you changed?

3. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

Get you eyes checked it helped me. Jim Henry

4. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

I have been growing

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Then it sounds like you need to start shrinking.

Tell the wife your going to go on a diet for her and make her all happy and lovey but we all know it will really be because you want to raise your trap score.

6. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Without too much information here, it sounds like some bad habits may have creeped into your form, assuming you have checked the pattern of your gun and it still shoots the same as last year.

You might ask an experienced trapshooting friend watch your form as you shoot. Lift head? changed stance? swinging with arms? If you have been growing, does the gun still fit? and sight, have your eyes been changing focus?

Another way to help yourself is to go to the practice range and pick on a basic form and practice it, ie, run a practice session of just concentrating on keeping your head into the gun, don't pick a couple of things to practice - just one. It is hard enough to concentrate on one item let alone two or three. My wife has made me poignantly aware I am not a multi-tasker so I will only practice one thing at a time. To help things out, you might have the trapper lock the trap for straightaways for your practice session to have fewer things to adapt to or think about.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.