1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Slugs through back bored barrels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

OK got a slug shoot comeing up. I have a XT with a PFS I would like to use this with 1oz reminton sluggers, I for the life of me can not find a riffled choke tube by then, I have a imp cyl and IM choke tube. what would be a better choice. Last year I used my 870 slug barrel, shot 15 shots, beat me up. Would like to use XT with PFS to ease recoil a bit.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no time for testing shoot is Sat am. Its the XT with PFS or my 870 with a smooth bore slug barrel, both un tested for slugs. Its all for run, just a day out for me.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You will definitely have a different POI with the XT.

Do what you want.

HM

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mossberg warns against using slugs in bores that are larger than normal. Specifically their 835. The problem is that that the slug can cock in the bore and get momentarily stuck, sending pressures skyrocketing, or fully stuck causing an obstruction.<br>
    <br>
    Here is the info from Mossberg:<br>
    <br>
    Can I fire slugs through my 935™ or 835® vent rib, Accu-Mag® choke tube barrel?<br>
    <br>
    No, 935™ and 835® field barrels (those with a ventilated rib) are "overbored," and the extra inside diameter may cause the projectile to "wobble" producing unreliable accuracy. A projectile may wedge inside the barrel causing an obstruction. Obstructions of any kind can cause damage to the firearm resulting in damage to the barrel and/or personal injury to you or those around you. Dedicated fully rifled slug barrels are available for the 935™ and 835® models. Other 935™ and 835® Accu-Mag® choke tube notes: Buckshot and steel-shot loads are not recommended for use with an extra full turkey tube installed.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you are shooting of a bench bring a bag of shot with you. Put it on the bench between your shoulder and the recoil pad of the slug gun. End of recoil. HMB

6. labber

labber TS Member

Last weekend I ran aslug shoot at our club.A guy showed up with a Rem. 3200 Im. cyl. choke. no matter what, the gun shot high at 50 yd , almost 2 ft.Use the right tool for the job, and you should be fine . Joel also a slug can wobble in a barrel its aproven fact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
back bored barrel shoot slug

back bored barrel with slugs

can i use buckshot in a back bored barrel
can you shoot buckshot with back bored barrel

can you use a back bored barrel for slugs

shooting slugs through browning backbored barrel
slugs in back bored barrels
using a slug in a backbored barrel