1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SLOWEST CAR YOU EVER OWNED

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

CHEVETTE DIESEL.....WOULD LOSE A DRAG RACE TO A ZAMBONI MACHINE!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had an Isetta door in frt, very slow

3. mudbug

mudbug TS Member

A 1929 Chevrolet, but it got me to class (if I left early!)

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Chevy Luv pickup 4x4 Diesel...not fast but a powerful little brute that could pull more weight than it had any business to. It would only do about 74-75mph but still would get there faster than my girlfriends Subaru Brat

5. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

1980 Volvo diesel. 0-60 times of somewhere around 30 seconds were within specs.

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I guess the slowest one I ever owned would have to be a 1962 Vespa it had a 2 cycle 2 cylinder motor it would top out around 70 m.p.h.

But got good fuel mileage .

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/autos/?action=view&current=1962vespa-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

It even had Michelin tires on it well they were on 10" in size wished I still had it im sure it would be worth a lot more than I sold it for.

Foggy

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

Renault 4CV but it got great gas mileage. My father in law got it in on trade at his dealership and gave it to me. He did not want it on his lot. It was a great little car, I drove it to work for 6 years and sold it.

8. rwm12

rwm12 Member

1946 red pedal car.

9. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I believe it was a 59 Renault Dauphine. I don't even remember how my buddy and I got a hold of it. This was in the late 60's, and it had seen better days, but ran and drove. Drive train was really sloppy, and tiny 4 banger mounted where the trunk should have been.

My Dad built Ag equipment, so I had access to a lot of gear. We mixed his cherry machine red with some white, and painted the car pink...you know the pink. It was a hoot, and we cruised the drag in it a few times.

I would guess 0-anything in it could have been measured with a sun dial.

10. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

That's an easy one! 1970 Mercedes 220 Diesel! 4 Speed, top end was about 70 mph and it was really wound up with a tail wind to do it.

11. spritc

spritc Active Member

A Morris Minor in the 60s, I don't think that car would go over 40 mph down hill.

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

1990 Geo Metro.

One liter, 3-cylinder engine. Automatic transmission. I seldom pushed it past 65 mph on the interstate. It didn't have a tachometer, but I suspect it was approaching 4000 rpm at 70 mph.

But that car was:

1. Reliable.

2. Economical.

Got 36 mpg just going back and forth to work.

Sold it in 2001 for $800 when it had 103,000 miles on it.

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

94' Landcruiser. It will do the speed limit anywhere in the US but there's no ponies to spare. It's lack of performance on the road is more than justified once your off road. I'll keep it as long as I can afford the fuel.

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Let's see, I had a Ford Poploar, somtimes called a sit up and beg in England. You mashed the gas pedal and hoped you could get out of the way. Then I got a mini Morris Van which had a 800CC engine that would do the speed limit if you had enough time in the day but got 60 MPG(also in England). Next would have to be a Dodge Colt Wagon I bought to drive back and to from Georgia to Florida almost every weekend. It would run 80 MPH if you had a few miles to get it there. Jackie B.

15. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

1973 Pinto Wagon, 2.0L, Automatic. It would not get out of its own way.

Dennis

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I once had a Karmann Ghia Volkswagen. It was really slow, but it got decent mileage.

Looking back, it was a terrible car. The motor went out and we over hauled it, and within 6 months it went out again. We threw it back together and traded that piece of sh*t off for something that ran decent.

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

17. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Had to be my Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel. It's still trying to go from 0 to 60. If I had 4 people in it and went up my steep driveway 2 people would have to get out and I'd make a second trip.

It was at the height of the last gas crisis and for some reason someone decided to steal it. I was thrilled!

18. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

It was a toss up between a 1948 2 door Chevy torpedo back with a flowed plug and a 1957 Rambler. They both got me duck hunting but I had to leave home at midnight!!!

Austin Fatts

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Sorry, I was never stuck in the slow lane.

Whiz

20. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The most ineffective bit of French engineering since the Maginot Line, the Renault Dauphine was originally to be named the Corvette, tres ironie. It was, in fact, a rickety, paper-thin scandal of a car that, if you stood beside it, you could actually hear rusting. Its most salient feature was its slowness, a rate of acceleration you could measure with a calendar. It took the drivers at Road and Track 32 seconds to reach 60 mph, which would put the Dauphine at a severe disadvantage in any drag race involving farm equipment. The fact that the ultra-cheap, super-sketchy Dauphine sold over 2 million copies around the world is an index of how desperately people wanted cars. Any cars.

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
karmann ghia powder blue

powder blue pinto wagon