1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Slow Slow ATA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lboh, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lboh

lboh Member

Why does it take several weeks to post scores and almost 2 months to deliver cards? Fairly new to the ATA and have always wondered in an electronic world why posting takes so long and don't really understand the delay in getting the membership new cards.

2. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty new also...and wonder the same things...

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

The gun club

Call about your cards

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Did it occur to either of you that all small clubs might not be electronic?? That even tho some might be electronic somebody(volunteer) has to enter scores has to push the send button. There still is a lot of manual posting. I don't think all things considered that 45 days after year end isn't bad.

Please don't join the "where's my new card" whiners club that happens every year.

Enjoy the sport.

Don

5. lboh

lboh Member

The last two I shot are electronic and scores entered immediately after each event.

So people aren't allowed to ask questions and try to understand without being deemed whiners?

Will you please PM me the BIGDON guide to posting on trapshooters.com, I didn't receive it when I signed up on the forum.......

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Internet has changed much. August is Grand month and ATA office staff gets behind on regular day to day , the Grand comes & goes and back to regular ATA.
    Lots of ATA shoots are snail mail entered , paper entries. and I think ATA clubs have 30 days to comply. Lots of volunteer club members sometimes are a little slow. Can't fire volunteers.
    The internet is such. I can learn more on-line than I can standing at the score board. Go figure.
    I received my ATAaverage card today. Oct. 19th , I think this early.

AND THEN THERE IS TRAPSHOOTERS.COM

Who would have ever guessed this !!!

Be a little patient and hopeful. We have come a long way.

Hope to see you all in Tucson this winter, The club is getting ready for you.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

lboh some things to consider if you look at your paper average card. You should see places on the front and back of the card for year end averages and target totals.

Those totals must be entered printed and packed in envelopes and sorted for mailing as they are mailed in bulk mail. All Of which take time. Year end tabulation can't begin until all scores are in from all clubs. You also must remember Life Members are done first.

The computer does speed things up but you need to have all information before you start.

I am sure there are other factors none of us see.

Don's reference to whining is brought about by the fact that every year like clock work we get the same complaints over and over again he is just trying to tell you that it wears on the nerves after a fashion.

Bob Lawless

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of ATA.

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I was about to post a thread asking if anybody had any 2012 scores posted yet. I shot at the Heartland Grand plus several since and nothing yet. Just wondering if any had been posted. Curious-no big deal.

Steve

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Welcome to the stone age. HMB

11. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Bear in mind, newbies, that Don would support the ATA if they went into the countryside and slaughtered the first-born male child of every household.

In any thread about the ATA, the first thing you'll have to do is ignore everything Don says, as well as the few noisy toadies who follow him around.

Don & Co. also don't think much about your right to receive good customer service. They don't think the ATA has to market to you and keep you happy. They think you have an obligation to join the ATA and to accept things just as they are and not to complain about anything in the ATA unless you've shot 100,000 ATA targets, as which time, you'll be allowed to complain that new people "just don't understand what shooting ATA trap is all about."

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

There was life before the Internet. But it does seem like a long time ago!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yeah...there was life before the automobile and air conditioning too....

Maybe the ATA should go "paperless" which would save many thousands of dollars (which could mean that they could supply decent trophies to the states). Those folks that are members that do not participate in the 21st century can have a electronic friend print them a updated card or merely visit their public library and obtain plenty of help. A shooter's responsibility thing...kinda like shooting from the proper handicap yardage thingy....

I'm sure that giving the outgoing ATA Prez a more expensive shotgun will help speed things up...

Curt

14. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Great post, Curt.

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

They will never change their ways. HMB

16. ivanhoe

Ya that right Curt If you are bashing the ATA in anyway on any subject old Indy agrees.

BTW that is the same ATA that he wants to be the ED of and the savior, at $100,000 a year. Damn Hypocrite.

Bob Lawless

17. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

"BTW that is the same ATA that he wants to be the ED of and the savior, at $100,000 a year. Damn Hypocrite."

Do you even understand what that word means?

Yes, one of the changes I will make will be a heavy reliance on cost-reducing and efficiency-increasing technology.

Why do you and Don use this site? You could send letters to one another, like the good old days, and you could be proud of "what communication between ATA members is all about."

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

lboh

You stated above: "The last two I shot are electronic and scores entered immediately after each event."

The scores from each event might have been loaded into the clubs computer system after each event. But they were not sent to the ATA.. that is only done after the shoot is over and the report for the entire shoot are prepared and sent at one time.

I agree there is room for improvement.. but I also understand that many clubs do not send electronically.. and when they mail a paper copy,(they have up to 8 days to do this) it has to first get there threw the USPS.. then someone has to input that information by hand.

Not sure how a club could go 100% paperless as they are required to keep the shoot reports, squading, cashiering, and score sheets for a min. of one year.

19. ivanhoe

"Do you even understand what that word means?"

Of course I understand I looked it up in the dictionary. Guess what there was your picture right next the word.....LOL You Boob just to show you anyone can use your tactics it isn't difficult.

Bob Lawless

20. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

One item not mentioned above is the Official A.T.A. Average Book published each year by Trap and Field magazine. Although T&F publishes the book the data comes from the A.T.A.

The official numbers must be a correct as possible not only for the shooters benefit but also the average book.

My last download of A.T.A. numbers on 9/14/2011 shows 175,036 members of the A.T.A.

Of that number 39,720 were active shooters within the last three years. 3,108 were women and 36,612 were men.

For active 2011 the numbers were; 2,149 active women shooters, 25,850 active men shooters.

Finalizing the 2011 Grand American, getting all the figures in from all of the clubs for 2011, correcting last minute score notifications, getting all of the ducks-in-a-row in order to publish the official listing, and getting out new membership cards to 27,999 active members certainly takes time even with the computer age.

Michael Stephenson - AA-27-AA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.