1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Slingshot question...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DelarockX, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Curiosity got the better of me... so I figured I'd ask here.

I was out in the backyard with my girlfriend's brother. They were shooting cans with a slingshot. I picked up the slingshot with my RIGHT hand, pulled the band back with my left and aimed down the middle.

All the other kids (all right handed) picked up the slingshot with their LEFT hand, pulled band with right, aimed down the middle.

It confused me so much. If I was to pick up a pistol, i'd pick it up with my right.

Am I just a weirdo with a slingshot?

The reason I ask is because I also fly fish and I prefer to have my reels setup so that I cast with my right hand, but also reel with my right hand.

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Works for me, I'm right handed.....GOOD LUCK

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Your a Southpaw in an irrational body....

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Many people who are right handed do certain things left handed...I am one of them. I shoot right handed and write right handed, but I bat left handed and also shovel snow left handed. I even use the mouse on this computer with my left hand.

It has always been that way with me...I don't know why.

5. joannl030

joannl030 Member

OMG brought back memories here but now that I think about it I cant remember which hand was which but I would have to liken it to shooting a bow which would hold in my left and draw with my right.(sorry using wifes puter)

Jerry Lewis

6. andybull

andybull Active Member

I'm a lefty, I cast with my left and reel with my right.

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sounds like your cross eyed dominate.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I think you are both Cross Handed

9. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

I draw a bow with my right hand, shoot with my right hand. I do everything except for the fishing stuff righty.

But why did I instinctivly pick up a slingshot with my right hand and draw it with my left, opposite of a bow?

10. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

221, Your exactly Right. Sounds to me like he's cross eyed dominant. Think about it, You pick up a pistol with your right hand and shot using your right eye, Your shotgun you pick up and shoot using your right hand and right eye. So if you pick up a sling shot and hold it with your left hand then you would sight with your right Eye.. Since your using your right hand to hold it then you would be using your left eye to sight it... Sounds like 221 is right on the money...Your cross-eye Dominate

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Whatever is more comfortable for you to do and get it done . Phil Mickelson the golfer is right handed but plays golf lefty as his name implies . Some people should change to be better . I`m righty and do everything right handed as fishing , cast with my right and reel with my left . Some reels are right hand crank so you cast right handed and change hands to reel and play the fish . Some bait casting reels have the handle on the left side or they are interchangable for the person such as spinning reels . Personally I can`t brush my teeth using my left hand but fishing is a different story .

12. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Aha!

Even though I picked it up with my right hand... i still sighted it with my right eye. I pulled it back with my left hand but still to my right eye.

I guess I should have read the manual.

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Most people are right handed. That is also true of eye dominance. Thus you want to aim with your right eye, and that is hard to do with the sling shot in your right hand, you hold it in your left hand so you can line it up with your right eye.

Rock

Jim

14. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

If you want to see the best go to:
    youtube.com/watch?tv=9iewrwljii0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.