1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Slight problem with Blue Dusters mostly my fault

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by w762nato, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w762nato

w762nato Member

It's kind of cold here today so I thought I'd just run a few boxes thru the Mec 9000. All goes well for awhile powder drop weighs out right shot weight good, too.
    I have my routine watch the primer drop, check the bar goes across, and back, visually check and insert next hull, next wad and check shot drop.
    No shot? I tip the bottles back and the drop tube is full push it out into a shot glass and there's a piece of blue plastic about the size of a primer in the drop tube. Hummm must have been in the last wad. I checked last loaded shell all is good. It must have come from a gate on the wad mold and been inside the wad so back to loading. It happened again what a flucky thing. This adds one more step to reloading to look in each wad. Doesn't really slow me down compared to what a stoppage of a plugged drop tube does. Went thu the rest of the bag and there was one more blue scrap piece. Never had this happen before.Anybody else ever?
    Jan

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I found a cylinder shaped plastic pellet about 3/8" in diameter and 3/8" high in a bag of Green Dusters. It must be a by-product of the molding process somewhere along the line.

3. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Well i had a lot of problems with the Blue Duster wads with the little blue parts left over in the bags that would clog up the shot drop tube on my Mec press. My last bag had 12 of the little parts in them. I beleive them to be parts of the injection sprue when the parts are molded. These little parts should be removed on the assembly line when they are packaged. Poor quality control but a great wad. I don't use them anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.