Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliding Traphouse Roof Design?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shoot em all 
#1 ·
Hey guys:

Does anyone out there have an ideas or design clues on building a sliding roof for a trap house? The houses at RLSC are all even with the ground and working on or filling machines is a back busting exercise. Not to mention crawling around in mud and dirt with wasps and spiders kinda sux. You guys that know me know I can't get these hands of mine dirty...haha.

I have seen a few clubs with these but can't remember where or who had them. Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx...

Larry C

#2 ·
Do a search for trap house forms for sale. A club in Indiana, I belive, had their concrete forms for sale and there were pictures of their finished trap houses. They had roll back roofs that were wooden framed and covered with some sort of heavy metal. It looked like they used sliding barn door hardware mounted upside down and had rollers attached to the roof framing. Bill

#3 ·
The photo is from the Missisquoi Valley Sportsman's Club, Vermont.

The Old Hickory Gun Club in Rocky Mount, NC I believe had one of the first rolling roofs used. In any case I think that is where the Vermont club got there plans from if I remember the conversation correctly. I did happen to visit Rocky Mount a few years back and ran into the person who designed the roofs on the trap houses.

Flagler in Florida has a nice pop up system (and seems to work well).

#6 ·
Great pics guys and thanx for the ideas, and to those who emailed me. Either of these set ups would work great.

Harv I wasn't aware Big Jack had sliding roofs there. I thought he was still crawling around under those things. I'll give him a shout as well.

Larry C

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.