1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sliding Cheddite Primers from package

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tburrey, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tburrey

tburrey Member

Anybody else find it hard to slide the plastic tray out of the cardboard sleeve of the 100 pack when putting into the easy pack primer tray on the Mec loaders with Cheddite primers? I have no problem doing this with Fiochi and other primer packs. Tried cutting the sleeze last time and wound up with primers all over my bench. Tom

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tom.... Lifted from another thread about Cheddites...

"Simple fix. I just cut a small piece of cardboard the exact size of the plastic primer holder. After removing the sleeve I lay the piece of cardboard on top of the primers, flip it over and lay it in the primer tray. pull the piece of cardboard out and then remove the plastic holder."

Another one is this one:

"The primer holder already has carboard over it. The primer packaging fits if you put it in with the open sides against the tray sides. Just slit one front fold with a razor blade and hold the package together while you put it into the tray. Then slide the cut sleeve out from under the plastic primer tray."

Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

First take a look at the primer package. The card board wrap is 1 piece and is joined at one end of the plastic tray and with the seam on the side of the tray that should be up when the package is sitting in the primer tray ready to slide the plastic tray out.

NOW Place the package in the tray sideways (openings against the sides)with the wrapping joint at the lower end (closest to where the primers feed). Use your finger nail to separate the joint while holding down on the package. This will give you a small strip of the wrap at the lower end of the tray and the upper long piece of the cardboard wrap sticking up from the upper end of the primer tray. While holding down lightly on the plastic tray grasp the big end of the wrap and pull/slide the wrap from under the plastic tray. Lift the tray and there you are. Much quicker done than said.

--- Chip King ---

4. tburrey

tburrey Member

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Tom

5. razor

razor TS Member

never had a problem with miss fires or getting them out of the package. 203,000 cheddite primers and counting. good shooting to all and happy holidays from razor & ellie

6. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Take one of the packages of 100 primers and remove the cardboard cover. Cut the bottom and ends off the cover to where all you have is the square big enough to cover the primers.

Place the cut up cover on top of the primers, invert, place on your primer trap. Remove the cardboard cover and lift up on the plastic holding the primers. You now have the primers in the tray with no hassle.

Keep the cardboard for the next 100 primers, just throw the sleeve away each time.

This is the only way the Chedite primers will fit in the old metal primer trays.

Not trying to make a big deal out of something so simple but it works.

Bob

7. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

The wrapper has 4 sides. Take scissors and cut off one of the skinny sides. You now have a 3-sided wrapper that will fit your tray every time.

8. sharks

sharks TS Member

I always used winchester primers till I saw the difference in price so I bought 5000 cheddite primers and the first couple of trays I had problems too. I found out to turn the tray upside down flat on the tray and push the one end out just past the first row and then grab the red plastic tray with your thumb and next finger and hold the sides of the box with the other hand and just slide the tray out of the box . I had no problem after that.

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I just drop 'em in one at a time.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.