1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Slick Slide Stock likes and dislikes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What is your opinion on your Slick Slide you had installed.

Your opinion on ones you have shot.

Reason for not buying a Slick Slide?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like is the looks of the finished product.

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I have had several clyde slydes which are the same design as a slick slyde and I like the looks of them much better than the reducers that are put on the rear of the stock after bobbin off a couple inches.The clyde slyde also allows your head to stay firmly on the cheekpiece since it stays stationary and the gun moves under it,the cheekpiece is also left full length and and it's original dimensions.Jerry

4. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

I have two on my 90T's. I have had all the major recoil products. My Clyde Slide is the best,

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Be aware that the original Clyde Slyde and the Slick Slide are two entirely different systems. While they both operate on the same "pricipal", there is a difference in the design of each to achieve the same results. Having owned, and shot, both, the Clyde Slyde gets my vote as the best and most reliable. Unfortunately, I don't think Clyde is still doing his Slydes these days, and if he is, be prepared to wait a while to get the gun done. He usually had a waiting list that was about 2 months out.... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Dr.Longshot

I have sold 4 of them for the new owner, previous owner asked the present installer to re-name the Clyde Slide and he did, it is called the Slick Slide.

I like it when I shot the Slick Slide I decided to install one on my CG.

Comparing the cost of a PFS, Rad II, Soft Touch, Counter Coil, Graco, and others, this is a better deal for me and a 2 week turn around at this time of the year works for me, plus it will give my shoulder time to heal I hope.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

Gary is right. I have owned them all. The new owner does a great job with about two week turn around. I have owned Carey, Soft Touch and G-Square and for the money you just can't beat it and get the same results.

8. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

Clyde is still installing his slyde systems as he just did one for me on my bt-99 about two months ago. His turnaround time was about 3 weeks from my doorstep back to my doorstep. He did great looking work and with shipping I think it was just under $400. I've had Gracoils and RAD's and this is cheaper and much better quality. His # is (208) 746-4486 and I would highly recommend him.
    ztwithe_2012_200254.jpg

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

And I now have the aforementioned BT 99 with the Clyde Slide and having had RAD II and a Gracoil on other BTs I can say without a doubt (for me) that the Clyde Slide does a much better job.

Gary, if you want a close look or want to shoot this one, give me a PM

Rich

10. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I just had Carey (slick slide) do one for my son. I have not had a chance to see it or shoot it yet as its intransit as I type this. I will say that my experience with Carey has been most pleasant and the turn around time is surprisingly quick. (10 days)

I look fwd to checking it out.

11. Dr.Longshot

I shipped my CG to Carey Barron at Slick Slide and he recieved it today Monday
    9/17/12 and went over my measurements and his suggestions for my approval and he and I agreed on his suggestions.

He is one fine gentleman and does excellent work, he will set your gun up to
    your specs.

For those that do not know he offers adj.comb, adjustable butt plate, and a wide selection of recoil pads, and soft combs too.

Cannot wait to try it out.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Squeal

Squeal Member

Can you adjust the pressure on a Slick Slide?

13. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

John I may as well throw my 2 cents worth in here since I build the SlickSlide's. Like Bob said you can take my cylinders apart and change the springs but everything has to be just the correct length and fit with no binding. A much easier way is to just send the cylinder to me and let me know if you want it softer or stiffer and I will be happy to set it up for you for no cost except shipping. Just the way the o rings are ground and if the cylinder has an air relief hole drilled makes a huge difference also. John if your's is a Clyde Slide there should be 3 allen head screws near the end of the cylinder that takes it apart but careful since the cylinder is under a load from the slightly compressed spring. Hope this helps.
    Carey

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a very nice Carey "Slick Slide" to fit a MX gun for sale. If you want one, email me

Jack.

PS. I had a "Carey Comb" back in the late 80s

15. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys just to clear things up since there may be a little confusion on the names. The Carey combs etc. were made by Don Carey. My name is Carey Barron and I build the SlickSlides.
    Carey

16. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Carey,

I recieved mine yesterday for my son and it looked great!

Not that it matters but what if any is your relationship with the clyde slide?

How are yours different than a clyde slide?

They look nearly identical, but what makes them different?

17. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think I had the only Clyde Slyde like this. Clyde told me after I talked him into it when he finished he wouldn't build another one. I liked the look of it. Harv

18. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

To answer the questions about my SlickSlide and Clydes's Slide. First Clyde and I are friends and got his permission to build them before I started. Clyde is in his mid 80's now and is enjoying life more, fishing, playing pool etc. The Slides are basicly the same except my cylinder sets higher in the stock, uses a larger slide bushing with an adjustable bottom to keep the screw tight and the slide screw is closer to the rear of the top slide piece. This all is just geometry changes in the way it works but I can tell you the old masters are great and I shot his for years. We use the same springs, my cylinder tubing is the same od. but the wall thickness is a little thicker. We both use Chrome Molly aircraft frame tubing that we get from an aviation place that builds crop dusters. Hope this helps. As to the thread showing the slide through the back comb cut, I have to agree with Clyde 100%.
    Carey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carey baron slick slide

carey baron stock work

carey combs gun stock

clyde slide recoil reducer

joe blow recoil reduction 90 t

slick slide butt plate

slick slyde