1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

slaping or pulling trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

was shooting trap last nite with a very good 27yd shooter- he was watching me shoot a new gun and helping me figure out the POI-- this gun had trigger work done w/ a 3 lb pull and new springs- he said to me " dont squezze- slap the trigger"--- your thots please???/

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

I slap the trigger, I'm not a good rifle or pistol shooter.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If I had learned how to Slap the trigger early in the game I may not have found it necessary to use a release trigger. To SLAP means to keep your finger OFF the trigger until the moment of truth when you are ready to fire and then Pull it with no hesitation or feeble attempts to Milk the trigger.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Should I slap or firmly squeeze the trigger? I shoot a double release.

Pat Ireland

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

just spank that baby!!

tony

6. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Pulling the trigger like a rifle is a sure trip to the gunsmith for a release sooner or later.

jim brown

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bad triggers need to be slapped. Triggers that creep and have let offs that vary from shot to shot need to be slapped. Triggers whose weight of pull varies from shot to shot need to be slapped. HMB

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Whole lotta slappin' goin' on! I do a modified slap. I put my finger on the trigger but no pressure. Then I jerk it back quickly to shoot. I think I do that because that's what I did when I used to be a puller.

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have shot a double release for years. I tried to shoot my friends new Beretta the other night and I could not get that doggone trigger to go off correctly a single time. I cannot , for the life of me, get a pull trigger to function properly. I should have suggested he send it back for repair, but funny thing is , it went off every time he pulled the trigger.

Charlie

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

We should have a 50/50 game,,50 with a pull and 50 with a release! That would add a tad of excitement to the game, I'd love that! I'd keep my gun in the trunk though if Drew Waller happened to show up. He uses both and quite well, sometimes during the same event. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is trigger slaping