1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SL-900 Gauge Conversions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PatMiles, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Dillon SL-900 in 12 gauge. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the 20 and 28 gauge caliber conversions. Anything I should be aware of?
    Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

don't pay the blue press price. search for 10-20% discounts from dillon distributors

3. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I bought the 28 gauge conversion kit a couple of years ago. One piece of advice before attempting to change over the press. Rradke the directions and follow them. The first time you change over! You can really get screwed up unless you follow the directions. I shoot 95% 12 gauge. So, I change the machine over only about twice a year. It's fine for that. If you plan on switching back and forth frequently, then I would suggest you get another press entirely. If you're not mechanically inclined, you might become frustrated unless you follow the directions.

John Semprini

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Quartering,

Any idea where I might find one of the dealers? How to search for them?

JP,
    No worries here about being mechanically inclined. I'll probably change the machine over monthly.

Thanks gents,

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.