1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyway Trap Club St Petersburg Fla.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapperwads, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Didn't get my vacation request in in time so will miss the S. Grand and Florida State. Planning on a trip first of april. I see there are shoots at Robinson Ranch, Silver Dollar and Skyway. N
    Anyone on here from Skyway that can give me address and program? thanks ed nichols

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If my memory is still working Skyway is a STEEL SHOT only club. No Lead Shot is allowed. Even there ATA events are Steel only. Just a heads up on that. I met many of them at the State shoot 2 years ago and they are a very nice group of guys. So I'm sure if you go, you will have a good time. Break-em all. Jeff

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I shot Skyway just before the Steel Shot thing . Nice bunch of people .

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

That's a shame... steel is a fine alternative for trap and any current firearm can handle steel shot... if folks aren't supporting Skyway, that's our problem as a shooting sport discipline to allow one of own go down the tubes!

respectfully,

Jay Spitz

Naperville Sportsman's Club (steel too! or is that two?)

5. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I live in St. Pete and shoot at Skyway all the time.

Let me assure you that the club is alive and well.

We have Trap, Skeet, and a Wobble. It is steel shot only.

Contrary to what many people believe(for whatever reason), steel shot works just fine.

Most of the regulars reload,and components are available at the club. New shells are also available.

Google Skyway Trap and Skeet to get some info.

Regards, Pete

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Flincher...

You can walk into most WalMarts and pickup some boxes of Winchester-Western Steel with 1.125oz #7 for $5.97/box or the Winchester Xpert Steel #7 with 1oz of #7 for $5-5.97/box...

As Claydotter mentioned, the steel clubs have no trouble reloading shells for anywhere from under $3 - $4.50/box.

Claydotter - glad to hear things are going OK!

regards from NOIL,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.