1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sky Way Gun Club , FL

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ron Gillatt, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Hi All
    Just wondering if Sky Way Gun club is OK for Trap practice? I am visiting from Canada and I do not have my gun. Can I rent at SWay? Is it usual to take your own ammo or buy it at the club. I am at St Pete Beach and I was going to try the Silver$ but it is a bit far. All advice greatly appreciated!

Ron

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just a heads up about SKYWAY---you must use steel shot there.

Phil Berkowitz

3. A201

A201 TS Member

They did have loaners and they do require steel shot sheels which can be bought at the club at reasonable prices. Skeet is also available if desired and visitors are welcome. Roger

4. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Thanks to you for the information, really appreciate it. I went to Coles Gun Shop in Clearwater today, very disappointed!! Virtually nothing for the Trap Shooter.

Ron

5. geeber

geeber Member

Ron, I would go to the Silver Dollar. They have loaner guns and Silver Dollar Firearms in the clubhouse. Mike has a full range of trap guns and supplies and he is one of the good guys. It sure beats the heck out of a regular gun shop, although he also has a good variety of handguns and AR style rifles too.

Gary B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.