1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skined finger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

for some reason my(new to me) bt-99 is beating up my middle finger.I changed the wood stock and put the PFS on.no help.I had the same problem with a 682 trap and sold it.out of ideas.any help would be appreciated.

Tracy

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Zard, I can remember looking at Don Beck's trigger guard and thinking, "what the heck?"

It reminded me of one of those cut-away trigger guards shown in the book, "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting," by Ed McGivern.

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Someone makes a rubber "Bumper" that attaches on the back of the trigger guard. If you know someone in the refrigeration/air conditioning trades ask them for a piece of Rubatex tape, it is a dense closed cell foam rubber used to insulate refrigeration lines. Trim it to fit the back of your trigger guard, or you could buy a roll, at a refrigeraton supply house, and have enough to last a few life times.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Tracy, Iam sure Phil Crenwelge can do the trigger guard mods.

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

You may have the PFS set too loose. Adjust the allen screw to a point that gives you about 30-35 lbs on a bathroom scale . Hold ft of barrel down on the scales and push on butt until stock moves. 30-35 pounds works best for me......YMMV...SMOKIT

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have a "finger bumper" on my doubles gun as that is the only one that hits my finger. Some guy on here gave it to me and it works great.

Here is another:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40269/Product/FINGER-BUMPER

and another:

http://www.kebcollc.com/cart/store.php?crn=227&rn=589&action=show_detail

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Keller please retract that before someone tries it and the trigger gets hung up on there clothing.
    DOn

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If it makes ya happy...

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We used to sell the rubber bumpers in our store. They're cheap enough so you might try one. Most of my customers found that it just brought the "beating" closer to the middle finger and traded "scrape" for a "bruise". They were originally made for double trigger guns. They didn't work for them either.

I shoot Perazzi with either an adjustable trigger blade or a Precision Trigger with a "set back" blade.

Having the trigger guard trimmed is one effective way to fix your problem too. Good luck.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I used to shoot a side by side for ducks. As the season progressed the lump on my middle finger would grow till at the end of the season it stuck up visibly.

The gun had double triggers and the guard had to be large enough for both.

When steel shot became law, I switched to an 1100 and the problem went away. There is still a vestigial lump there 40 years later.

It is quite possible you may not be firing the gun correctly. The crease at the first joint of the trigger finger should be aligned with the trigger. Any deeper insertion will put your hand will place your 2nd finger in perfect positon for bashing. Some folks fire the gun with just the tip of the finger.

Try another technique before you spend any money.

HM

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

Try soaking that finger in something wet and warm. That should harden it up a bit.

12. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per halfmile check (try)and see if you can move your hand back a little and still keep the 1st joint crease on the trigger because that's where you will get the most consistent feel and pull, if you try to pull with the pad (tip) there is quite a bit of "give" in the pad and you might get a few no fires because your finger moved but not far enough. I have a SBT that I have the same problem with due to the shape "kind of a reverse curve" at the back of the guard, I like the gun but do have to remember to slide my hand back. Ross Puls

13. B.C.

B.C. Member

320090t has right info

14. willing

willing Member

Shadow
    She liked it but it didn't help the finger!

Bill

Ps I put a small piece of black foam on the back of the guard.

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Does the pain prevent you from typing nn

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.