1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I'm looking at the August 2010 issue of "Skeet Shooting Review", specifically the results of the Gun River Springtime Open at Gun River Skeet & Trap, Plainwell, Michigan, held on 5-15-10.

There were 15 shooters entered in the 12 gauge event. Every single one is listed as winning something, from champ to c3 class. BUT some are also listed as winning junior champ, vet champ, etc. There are a total of 24 winners listed for 15 entries!

My question: is it possible to lose a skeet event?

2. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I don't get the knock on Skeet. It's a hard game, and it takes a load of practice and skill. I've never seen a top Skeeter have much trouble with Trap.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Get a life...

4. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

These guys that knock skeet are all mouth. What's so hard about trap everything is going away and hanging in the wind. Try crossing targets going 40mph at 90 degree angles dipping and diving. Enough all ready about the skeet guys that wear pink to-tos.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

headhunter: "Try crossing targets going 40mph at 90 degree angles dipping and diving."

According to the NSSA Rules, high house skeet targets are to be set at 46.0-46.9 mph, low house at 48.0-48.9 mph.

Doesn't 24 winners for 15 entries seem just a shade recherche?

6. headhunter

Ya, I don't know about any particular shoot and the prizes awarded, but Skeet is not a easy game. If it was easy, I wouldn't be spending so much F-ing money trying to get good at it. I really like the doubles that are included in the game. I find going straight difficult and challenging. To each is own, but don't call it easy...

7. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

This is so funny. Anyone that cant seem to shoot trap resorts to skeet. Always know where the targets are coming from. Took me 11 rounds to run my first hundred. Like to shoot skeet but why? What a joke. May as well throw rocks into a lake bout as hard as skeet. Good sport for smoking357 when he isnt shootin his 22.
    Chris

8. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

Skeet a great game...trouble is registered skeet is dying, lack of willingness to change. Just two years ago my club hosted 5 registered events, this year 2. the biggest shoot had 16 five gun shooters plus it costs the state assoc, gets $3 per hundred, and the national gets $3 per hunderd, yup thats right $6 per hundred just in fees alone. plus none of the natioanl money ever comes back to the state...

I went over to trap...much more fun, more shoots, and costs less to shoot.

Its all targets in the air...so it works for me.

9. headhunter

Chris you are the man. I wish I was like Chris... So good. Wow, how did you master something so fast and move on to next challenge? We should just do what Chris does. WHATEVER!!! EGO MAN. You crack me up.

10. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I've said it before but I don't know who said it first, "Skeet is hard to learn and easy to master while trap is easy to learn and hard to master."
    That is all that can be said about trap vs skeet.
    Doug Allison

11. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Tell you what, Chris, you stand 200 yards away with your big bad Trap loads with 400 grains of lead, and I'll stand 200 yards away from you with my wimpy one-handed .22 pistol with 40 grains of lead, and we'll see who comes away the winner.

If Skeet is so easy, we'll see you in the Olympics, right?

Thought so. All mouth.

When you make the U.S. Olympic Team, you come back and tell us how easy Skeet is.

Here's how you join:

http://www.usashooting.org/getStarted.php

12. skeet100

skeet100 Member

All I can say about having more "winners" than entrants is due to having all the classes. If there was any money it was not divided out in all classes, but say you won your class, AAA to E, you may have also won your age group, sub senior, and then you could have won say retired Military too. No big deal just the way that it classes out.

13. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Olympic skeet is not even close to American skeet.American skeet shooting is sooooo watered down , it's fun and boring at the same time....

14. trapshooteraa27aa

Like I said a joke. Queen of copy and paste smoking357. Ill shoot any discipline with you moron but being a coward Ill only see you on here being a moron as usual. Unlike you I will back up anything I say or do so lets have it queeny boy..lol thats what I thought. Stay in your trailer and stick to google.
    Chris

15. trapshooteraa27aa

LOL...another joke. got a skeeter on my p...you and smoking brothers? least you 2 have someone to talk to.
    Chris

16. trapshooteraa27aa

My ole my skeeter..lol. Wasn't talkin to you was takin to your sister if you can read. I would still take you up on it someday. And dont worry bout my mouth better worry bout yours. Nothing wrong with alittle comp. Havent shot skeet in about 10 years or sportin clays but Im sure it would all come back to me..lol. you had better bring the cash as I dont want another skeeters trailer parked in my backyard.
    Chris

17. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Look at bigmouth Chris running away, yet again.

I see you revised your tune about the lowly .22 when your bacon was on the line.

18. trapshooteraa27aa

Didnt back away at all queenie boy. Your a coward and thats all there is to it. Your the one runnin your pie hole constantly then go and hide and you will continue to. last thing ever is I will never be threatened by you..LMFAO..Your a joke and continue to prove it. Now go to bed and copy and paste tomorrow.
    Chris

19. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Bwaaak, Chrissie, Bwaak!

Little Chrissie runs away, again.

20. trapshooteraa27aa

I told you to go to bed. The offer was to you moron. Being the coward you are I can see why. I bet you were the kid in your family that tattled on your sibling. You try to turn things around but EVERYONE can see right through you.. Its very amusing. Keep hiding coward. I see you. Nite nite queenie boy.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.