1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skeet ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RickM18, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickM18

RickM18 TS Member

if the machines are set properly where do the targets cross from the low house and the high house on doubles, I know this is a skeet question but I was wondering

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Rick, there is a marker post located in the middle of the field (white). It should be right in front of the trap house (middle of it) and a few feet in front of the house if it is a combo field of trap and skeet. There should also be two markers that the targets are supossed to land between located just behind the high and low house at 44 yards and 60 yards.(60 yard marker will be in next field) The middle marker is 6 yards downrange of the middle of station 8. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Real Mans Game. Jeff

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Just the other day I asked a Skeet shooter why he was wearing false eye lashes and he said that it helped block out the sun. Yeah, right. They got an answer for everything.

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

If your machines are set correctly, the targets will cross about 1 foot from the center stake on the low house side.

John

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The other day I was wondering why a cowboy was wearing tennnishoes he said he did not want to be mistaken for a traphsooter.....

Ronbo

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

John has it right, about a foot to the right of the center stake.....the center stake is the thing that marks the center of the field for these crossing targets...oh yeah, I forgot, you guys don't actually ever shoot crossing targets...only outgoers LOL

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Real answer....Depends on the wind. Like the target height.

Why would they cross anywhere but the center? Same speed, same distance.

From the rule book:
    The center of the circle is known as the target-crossing point and is marked by
    a stake.

Get better bait.

HM

9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

The reason that they should, under no wind conditions, cross about a foot to the right of the stake is that the low house is going uphill and tends to slow down a bit faster than the high house.

I don't know of anybody who would call out the trap mechanic for targets crossing right at the stake vs a bit to the right...but if set the same, the targets will theoretically cross about a foot to the low house side.

Cheers

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

In a perfect world they would run into each other dead center of the hoop. Jeff

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

The targets both go through the hoop - just not at the exact same time. As stated above the low house has further to travel - its gaining about 12' in elevation vs the 5' the high house rises. Therefore the flight path is slightly longer (remeber your pythagorem theorem?). So in a perfect world, about a foot to the right of center stake is where they will be at the same moment in time - at slightly different elevations.

john

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The low house is sped up a little to make the difference or it would not make the same distance. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.