1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet/sporting clays release triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Do any of the other shooting sports use release triggers?

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Seen several in Skeet over the years....

3. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Several very good Sporting Clays shooters use release triggers.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Robert Paxton and Al Magyar both shoot release triggers, and both have shot 400x400 scores with them (Robert recently shot a 500x500, and 400x400 with his in back to back weekends).

Jon Kruger shoots one for sporting clays as well.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

whatever you do go one way or the other. A friend of mine who shoots a Mach w/ release in trap was shooting some skeet w/ me one day w/ a pull trigger, all was fine untill we got to station 8 high, he loaded one set up moved to the window and just before he called for the bird he set the trigger "Bang" gun went off and must have broke 20 birds still in the machine inside the window. I still tease him from time to time that he broke 35 plus birds in one round of skeet that day. Break-em all. Jeff

6. tj303

tj303 Member

Yes, there are sporting clays and skeet shooters successfully using release triggers. If you shoot registered targets the gun must have a sticker identifying it as having a release trigger. You must also inform the referee prior to shooting that you are using a release trigger.

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The Rebel: Just curious as to what would be accomplished by utilizing a rule like that in trap? Seems to me that the rule itself is rather ridiculous; no matter what clay target discipline one is shooting. Ed

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The rule is important in skeet and sporting clays because those two sports still require the referee to inspect the gun in the event of a gun malfunction.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Interesting. I thought NSSA and NSCA adopted that rule because the ATA already had it and NSSA-NSCA felt they might be held liable for not adopting a widely held and recognized safety rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skeet release

skeet trap trigger