1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet Shooting in Sonoma CA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phoebus, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

Good Morning

I will be in Sonoma/San Fransico October 24th through 27th with my wife this fall. My wife will be attending a business conference, leaving me to my own devices for a couple of days. So I was wondering if there are any public skeet ranges around there that have gun rentals or any folks that might like to meet up and shoot a few rounds. I will not be bringing any shotguns so I will need a place where I can access one. If anyone has any ideas or interest in meeting up send me a note.

Michael

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

You may want to consider, Valley of the Moon, trap and skeet club (it has been a couple of years since I was there, but I think they have skeet; Martinez trap and skeet. The problem you will have is renting a gun. Hopefully, someone here will meet with you and share a gun. I live about 120 miles away.

JON

3. trap7

trap7 Member

Hello Valley of the Moon does not have a skeet field only trap and five stand. Martinez has skeet fields. Hope this helps. Jerry

4. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Maybe i can make a connection.

5. cafowler

cafowler Member

The Petaluma Coast Gaurd skeet range is "closed till further notice" as of a few months ago. Most of their regulars are shooting at Travis now.

Valley of the Moon is right on the edge of town. If you like 5-stand, they have a good one I hear. Their hours are limited if your a guest. Check out their website for the days you'll be there. See VOMTC.org

If you'd like to shoot Sporting Birds Landing is about 1/2 hour drive to the east. They do have rental guns, and have been throwing good targets for about 25 years now, they were one of the first around to invest in sporting and do a great job of it. See Birdslanding.net

USI is the best skeet club close to Sonoma, again about 1/2 drive south. I doubt they'd have gun rental. Why not just bring your gun with you, no big deal. See unitedsportsman.com

I would have said go to Pacific Rod & Gun club to get a taste of history, but I heard wed night they are closing soon, their 80 year lease is expiring and the City wants a rediculous amount of money to renew, typical san francisco politics. I suspect the Olympic Club may end up with the property or condo's. Really a shame, but since they manadated steel shot only, i've heard their use has declined. See prgc.net

The northbay is skeet challenged, you really need to cross a bridge to get to one of the clubs that play that game. The 24th is the wed after duck season opens, why not find someone to take you out and wack a bunch of mallets/honkers instead, that sounds more fun than shooting skeet. The Napa/Sonoma marsh is huge, 11,000 acres of tidal marsh. That's where I'll be on Sat 27th, just a stones throw from VOM picking out the green ones..... one at a time, then stop by my favorite winery for a quick taste of GBR, then home for some football and a nap. October in Napa is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
napa valley skeet shooting
skeet shooting sanoma

skeet shooting sonoma county

sonoma county trap and skeet shooting
trap and five stand valley of the moon ca
trap and sheet near sonoma ca
valley of the moonskeet shooting
where to shoot shotguns near sonoma ca