1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKEET SHOOTERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There seems to be quite a few more skeet, international and sporting clays threads popping up now. Could/Should they have their own category on TS.com?

2. Barry C. Roach

I just thought it would make the sight more navigable. That's all.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's one of the great things about this site, you can get information on all sorts of different kinds of shooting without changing "categories".

I for one, don't use the category view. I like to view it as the topic pops up. I can read so there for I can decide if I want to open it or not.

ss

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think Skeet is classified under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy on most other shooting forums. Just a suggestion.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Maybe more people could learn to use the prelude O/T to their threads???? Just a thought....Wayne

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

I say let anyone that shoots any of the shotgun sports comment or post. What can it hurt? John

7. 3on8

3on8 Member

All I know is that if it flys, it dies!

8. Barry C. Roach

No intent to exclude anybody. Chill out.

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I don't have any trouble picking out who they are. Our names bracketed in the little Pink ribbons usually gives us away. LOL

Ajax

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Read the thread at the top "Attention Website Users".

It explains quite clearly that this a "Trapshooting" not a skeet thread, not a sporting thread, not a bunker thread, not a international tractor thread and not a general shotgun thread.

But they all feel they have the right to steal space on this site because they don't have a site of their own. They just add to the general clutter. It is not that their sport of choice is inferior, it is that it belongs in it's own spot.

Now I can add them to the BD haters but that's to bad somebody had to say it.

Don

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Yup!

Too much clutter!

Got to save room for

Can I subsitute Cheddite primers for Winchesters?

Why won't I get a nice crimp when I use the wrong wad?

Will Winchester HS shells blow up my Mossberg?

Do I turn right or left when leaving Post 5?

etc.

So sorry Skeeters, Bunker guys and SC shooters ... no room for you ... cause it Pees off Big Dumb ...er... Don.

12. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

If it concerns a shotgun sport, keep it coming, most of us love to read about them. Many of us don't limit out shooting to just trap.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's save room for Trappy, Rimfire, Dahaub, etc etc.

Take a pill, guy.

HM

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The question was asked and answered. If you find it difficult to follow the intentions of the site originator then that is your problem. Justify your position all you want. Do we need the rest of the garbage NO. This site is not come one come all, which you want it to be. I guess you feel that you can change this site to suit your selfish needs. Bend and break the rules to suit your needs no matter what the site wants. This forum is not public but private and you are a guest here as am I. If you don't like a total trapshooter venue then go to one of your other sites and vent if you can. If it continues to go to a catch all site then why should it be kept up at the time and expense of the owner.

Politics that affect trapshooters, as it may also affect other shooter venues, have a place. We as shooters need to stick together but we can do that without bringing every other venue to this site.

Try being adult and accepting what it is intended to be not what "you" want it to be.

Don

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Donald, you should re read your last line over & over until you can accept it yourself. Politics have a place but other shotgun sports don't????? Give me a break!

Yes, we should save room for any shooter, that's how we "stick together".

16. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

I spend quiet a lot of time and money shooting trap, skeet, and sporting clays, because I love the shotgun sports all together. However, I will admit trap is my true love of the three and that is what I spend the majority of my time shooting. First of all, we all know trap is king on this website, rightfully so, and that is the way I want to keep it. At the same time, I do not see that there is any problem if people want to discuss various topics on this thread that have to do with skeet, sporting clays, bunker, etc. I would suggest that a category be made for skeet/sporting, etc. The people who don't want to look at, read, or participate in this discussion can put their page on category view and never look at it. Those who want to partake can do so. We all share a love for the same overall sport, shotgunning. We best stick together by any means necessary to preserve what we love. JMHO

Ty Daws

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What happened to Starshot? What is this "skeet" exactly? And who are them folks that sport clays? I do know where the trapranges are in my town here and there.

18. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

____I shoot Trap..period. I will say that I enjoy comments and questions from other shotgun sport enthusiast. As far as I am concerned anyone is welcome to comment on this forum....Smokit

19. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If a separate category for Skeet, Sporting Cays, Dogs, Reloading, etc. would allow the non-trap threads to remain it would be great. There is not a better site for any shotgun sport anywhere on the web!

Jim Skeel
    Skeet/Clays Shooter

p.s. I did buy my first Trap gun on this site a few months ago.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is greater strength in numbers, I have always felt that a shooter is a shooter and wants to enjoy the same freedoms that other free people do ... To separate one group from another decreases those numbers considerably, possibly to the point of eliminateing all shooters at some time in the future ... The site is desinged for trapshooters, but who's to say a sporting clays, Bunker, or skeet shooter hasn't shot trap a time or two ..? I, being primarily a trapshooter have shot all of the shotgun sports at one time or another and have never once been made to feel like I was an outcast ... If David wanted to eliminate the threads that were anything but trapshooting related he has the power as do the moderators and they obviously has made the choice not to ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.