1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skeet shooters...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HSLDS, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

During a discussion at the club yesterday it was observed that skeet shooters swing both ways...

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Most of them are "switch hitters"

jim brown

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I've heard skeet shoots allow heterosexual males to participate...but it's a "don't ask don't tell" kind of thing.

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

I am a trapshooter that also enjoys shooting skeet. Does that make me a switch
    hitter? The fact that I shoot both games, does that mean that I swing both ways? You that bash skeet shooting should try it once and get a taste of humble
    pie. John

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

John,

Said in jest.

While I admit it is easier to 'go straight' in trap than in skeet (be straight??), for true humble pie go beyond sporting clays and try FITASC...

6. rustygun

rustygun Member

I've been told that trap shooters compensate for their shortcomings with their long barreled trap guns.
    By the way I'm in the market for for a Marlin goose gun with the 36" barrel .

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Having worked at both trap and also skeet events in San Antonio, I have noticed there are a lot more people in shootoffs with perfect scores at skeet events than at trap events. If trap were easier, like a lot of skeet shooters say, then there should be tons of perfect scores and hundreds of people in shootoffs. Most skeet shooters struggle at trap and and most trap shooters struggle at skeet. Maybe we should shoot "SCRAP" that is using all 8 stations of skeet, but throwing the birds from the trap house, using the wobble trap. Bird hunters would probably show us a thing or two with that game.

8. fly

fly Active Member

Skeet may be easier than Trap round for round, but what about at a Registered event requiring a shoot-off? Skeet shooters need to be good at 2 games to win, (doubles @ 3-4-5)where Trap shooters only shoot a regular round to decide a tie break. Skeet is also miss and out by station, and Trap is an entire round. Now which one is harder???

9. The Literalist

Jim, while there are times to hold hands and sing "Kum Ba Ya"...you clearly must be a spaceman. Maybe on your home planet there is no tongue-in-cheek teasing.

Football players tease soccer nuts. Weight men in track and field tease distance runners. Swedes tease Norskys, wrestlers rag on "round ballers", bluegrass musicians tease banjo players mercilessly (Yeah, I'm a banjoist who gets it regularly...How can you tell if a stage is level? The drool runs down both sides of the banjo player's mouth)

Ever hear Texas Aggie teasing? Michigan-Ohio State insults? Texans tell Okie jokes? Harmless ethnic jokes? (How can you tell if you're at a Polish wedding? All the men have on clean bowling shirts)

Heard of "my stupid husband" jokes? (told by women who love their husbands)

Get a sense of humor, for goodness sakes. Some of us will poke fun at skeet shooters...you go ahead, sway back and forth, and keep warbling, "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..."

:)

10. fly

fly Active Member

its all good.

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Jim,

A search of this site shows no mention of anyone 'swinging both ways,' so I assume it is an original comment (i.e., new humor).

Yesterday at the range we were watching some skeet shooters and we noticed that they in fact swung to the left and swung to the right - hence the origin of the comment. (One could further say it was merely an actual observation and it is only a perverted mind that reduces it to 'potty mouth' humor).

I guess one could say that trap shooters don't swing at all...

David

12. The Literalist

You're right, Jim. You've convinced me. Good-natured teasing has no place in this world. And rivalries are to be avoided. Clearly, those who joke are self-loathing psychos.

In fact, if I go to the Missouri-Kansas football game this year, I'll root for them both to win. I promise not to cheer if a KU player drops a pass.

You won't hear me utter one bad word about those Jayhawks, no sir. Despite 150 years of rivalry, Kansas players are now...my brothers.

And when I go back to Minnesota and have my friends tease me about being a native Iowan, I'll plead with them to stop "bashing me." I'll patiently explain that they have self esteem issues. I'll recommend professional help...

And you know what they'll say?

"Why did the Iowa hawkeyes get rid of their cheerleaders? They couldn't keep them from grazing on the field."

13. rustygun

rustygun Member

If jim is a skeet shooter he needs to become a trap shooter, that's where all the grumpy old men hang out. :)

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

rustygun---I resemble that statement. LOL

15. rustygun

rustygun Member

Just a wild guess, but I'll bet you get told to "lighten up" occasionally.

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now I'm confused here, I like to shoot all three games- Trap, Skeet, & Sporting Clays as well. Does that make me a Trisexual??? Break-em all. Jeff

17. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I was told by the group I was shooting skeet with

"You can't be any good at trap" "You are not grumpy enough to make up for being to young!"

Al

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

How about a Titanium Cole with a 36" adjustable rib barrel???? Or I do have a Marlin 120 with a 40" barrel if you have a real case of the shorts.. LOL.. All Good.. Mike

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Leo,

Wobble SCRAP is my favorite game. I only wish I was good at it. LOL My best score to date is 22 and I couldn't get my hat on for the big head. Jackie B.

20. rustygun

rustygun Member

Mike, either one sounds like the ticket. The Marlin may be better, I wouldn't feel bad using it as a crutch after everyone kicks my butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are there more trapshooters or skeet shooters
for new shooter trap or skeet
skeet shooter forum

skeet shooters forum