1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet Ranges at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Went down to Sparta last night to shoot my league, the Skeet ranges are about 90% complete on the construction side, there is still painting of the houses, finishing the concrete, and wiring to be completed but by my estimate the should be ready for machine installations soon. Talked to the skeet/trap manager and he mentioned that Scott AFB is loaning two Machines to IDNR to install on one of the completed fields.

I am a clay target shooter, mostly skeet but took up trap when I moved to the Midwest. I have shot all over the country from Maryland to California as well as Japan, Sparta is quickly coming together and in my opinion going to be one of the best venues in the country to host large tournaments and as it matures will become a world class operation.

There are 26 teams in the trap league, and with rain showers moving in there were over 50 SCTP shooters and parents on other parts of the shooting line. The main building parking lot must have had over 100 vehicles parked I have no idea what was going on but have been told that a Wedding is going to be held next weekend and registration for the U.S. Open will be in the shell house building.

Ronbo

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

How many total fields do they have up there. # of trap and the # of skeet.Is any landscapeing being done. Thank You for your info. Break-em all. Jeff

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The wind of change is coming, if you are a competitive shooter with a shotgun trap, skeet, sporting we all need to be one unified front to the anti-gunners of this country. For our own benefit the combination of the three disciplines is the solution. I would be all for one competitive organization combining ATA/NSSA/NSCA and the other international games.

So every time I hear a Trap shooter talk down a Skeet shooter or vice versa I see an ignorant person who really needs to find something more to do with his free time. Be part of the team or get the hell out of the way! Because if you don’t get on board as a united front our favorite pass time will go the way of the dinosaur and you will find you have to take up golf or maybe advanced basket weaving to fill up your free time.

Ronbo

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I plan on taking a look see also this week end at Sparta I wouldn't mind shooting on the combo fields either especially if it was in the shoot offs.

We missed you Killings Red and Kirk and the rest of the gang yesterday at Carmi.

Foghorn

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr Charles ... they were canceled because they did not meet the specs? I'm not disagreeing with you but thank you for the chuckle. Yes we are talking the Illinois state gooberment but if they didn't meet specs they would have never began an order to later cancel.

Why would they be renting the machines from Briley ... Briley does not own the machines that are going to be used for the event but they are the people holding the event. The NSSA owns the machines that Briley will be using and they are the ones who stepped in to loan machines off of there ranges in Texas to put into the skeet houses so that Briley could hold there event that the WSC/IDNR was going to leave Briley hanging in the wind by canceling the order for machines.

The state might be renting these machines for just this event but the IDNR will wait and do the same thing they did to the ATA and make somebody else put machines in the houses instead of spending the states money.

I'm glad to hear though that the place is coming together.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Killian's Red: What is all that green stuff on the ground? Did you photoshop the pictures?

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

How is the grass looking where the tent vendors will be in August?

It was a bit dusty there in 06:(

38-01615

8. Ill. Rich

Ill. Rich TS Member

hey nomderf, The grass is looking good in that area.In fact grass is coming in throughout the whole complex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

scott afb skeet trap