1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet has arrived at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

All

Its official, the ranges are operational at Sparta, I shot today with Phill Murray, Peter Coyne (Past NSSA President) and two other gentlemen one of which was the Zone 5 director.

I would say that Pete ran the first 25 strait at the new facility the winds were HOWLING which makes this round even more impressive.

Had a great time, Registration opens at 10 AM Friday for the Briley Open!

Ronbo

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

You might have to put this on a website that cares!!!!!!

GS

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What, a bunch of people from SanFrancisco have descended upon Sparta? Say it ain't so.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

What in the hell does "descented" mean? Is it related to removing skunk smell?

5. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

descented = what de did with the rent check

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

typo - should have been descended.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I have been to Sparta two days in a row, every SKEET shooter that I have spoken too is just in awe of the place. Why such the negative attitude my comments are just as good as yours are? I have a question Sparta did not exist, the Grand American would not have a home, and do not give me that crap about the Ohio home grounds or Elysburg. If you do not realize that Sparta is a ONCE in a LIFETIME opportunity to have a facility to enjoy shooting several different disciplines in one local then do not make your snide remarks or at least have the backbone to sign your name. If you are a real supporter of the shooting sports and you want to watch quality, competition come down to Sparta this weekend.

On another note, when I checked the squad sheet yesterday afternoon there were about 10 slots still available so if you were close and did not think you could get in come on down!

Semper Fi

Ron Ausman
    USMC-Retired

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Skeet or trap are both clay shooting sports and for the life of me I dont understand why trap shooters have such problems with skeet shooters other than skeet shooters will venture to the trap fields to try a little trap and bust 23, 24 or 25 without the fancy $15,000 trap guns and without all the fancy reloads and without all the this or that. They will just get up on station point the gun a BLANG ... the bird shatters ... nothing all that hard or difficult. When they walk away they get sneered at and called bad names ... but if and when which is hardly almost never ever at all a trap shooter ventures over to a skeet field to give it a try they are met with open arms and friendly support but when they realize it aint like trap and they actually have to swing and move and have various leads and doubles and things different than trap birds they begin complain and run back to the trap field speaking bad of the skeet shooters again because they just cant handle anything more difficult than easy trap shooting.

Why cant we all just get along? Could we all be more happy if we banded together as shooters instead of this or that?

I'm glad Sparta has skeet shooting now as well. I fear though that once the Briley shoot is over the machines will leave unless the NSSA gives them or more permanently loans them to Sparta but for the time being I'm glad they are there and for any trap shooter that has a problem with them being there get the ATA to build and open there own range if you dont want skeet and trap shooting sharing the ranges.

Happy shooting to one and all, even to the skeet, sporting clay, 5-stand, wobble trap, bunker trap and even the ATA shooters ... happy shooting to everyone.

9. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Don't care what kind of machine it is thrown out of, as long as you can smoke it with a shotgun,I LIKE IT!!

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Amen Harpo ... Amen my brother of the clay.

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Good one Lumper. I like to think (maybe I'm wrong) that it's just the trap shooters razzing the skeeters a little bit. All in good fun. I hope.

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

And I thought they could not go down any farther.

13. Gasman

Gasman TS Member

Maybe this is the reason that there is so much animosity:
    At my club, many of the skeet shooters are good trap shooters, but few of the trap shooters are good skeet shooters!

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

At our club we are all the same and do not care what clay sport you shoot because we are all brothers and sisters of the clay.

15. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I would like to see the people who enjoy clay target shooting be more respectful of each other's games. Each game is different and provides great fun for the participants and one is no better than the other. I like 'em all. Best Regards, Ed

16. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Might have something to do with a club or facility that has more than one menu has a better chance of survival that Sparta when that way if trap didn't have doubles it would be plain jane boring to me Jon

17. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I assume that all the jabbing of skeet shooters is in fun. We are all firearm shooters and have the same causes and goals for the shootinmg sports.

18. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Skeet has arrived at Sparta...and will probably leave.

Nice facility. No traps in the skeet houses. Illinois didn't fund traps for the skeet fields. Shoot sponsor, Briley, had to beg, borrow, ship, and install traps from NSC and other helpful clubs. After the shoot, the traps will be returned to their owners.

What is the probability of another skeet tournament under those conditions?

19. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

That has to be the most panties ever to be in Sparta at one time ever!!!!!!!

20. m70win

m70win Member

I think the reason trap shooters have such a problem with shooting skeet is they can't find pink tutus that will fit over there fat A**s.

Just joken around any time I'm shooting shotgun,rifle,pistol,or bow I'm having having fun. It's better yet when family or friends are enjoying the day with you.

For my part I enjoy the ribbing between the sports even though I try and shoot all the games. I'm not trying to be a AA shooter in any one sport. I'm just trying to avoid that look my dog gives me after I miss an easy bird he just worked so hard to find for me.

Have a good shoot and brake'm all.

Tim Bullard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.