1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skeet Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cougit4, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cougit4

Cougit4 TS Member

New to the skeet shooting world. What choke is recomended by you all? I have a 28 inch over/under. Do I put 2 skeet chokes in or something different? Thanks.

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

If you have 2 skeet chokes use them; if you have 1 imp cyl & 1 skeet, use them (you can shoot skeet with any combination of cylinder, skeet, or imp cyl chokes) Regards, Ed

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Skeet chokes or cylinder is probably your best choice. It will help to build your confidence while you learn angles and speeds. I have a O/U 410 that is full and full and is really fun to shoot. I just picked up a Rem 1100 28ga which is modified and am enjoying shooting skeet and trap with it. I have a tube set for my 686 SP choked skeet which I use when I get serious.(Not that my scores improve a lot) Even with skeet chokes you can tell where you are shooting as it will show you hitting in the front or rear or centering the bird with smoke. Shoot well and often. Jackie B.

4. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Cougit4......do you realize that this is Trapshooters.com ?????????? I never could get the "hang" of Skeet. Give me a straight away trap bird anytime.Much easier !

5. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I use SK and CYL in the 12,20 & 28 GA.

In the 410 I use IC and CYL.

Use the cyl tube on the incomers on 1,2,6&7 and both 8s. For the outgoers and the singles on 3,4 &5 use the tighter tube.

It is worth noting that I am a duffer, not a hotshot.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

anything from -.005 to +.010 will work for skeet until you get to the point that you need to fine tune, then you'll want to be shooting .003s to .007s.

7. Cougit4

Cougit4 TS Member

Wow Flincher100! You are a genius! I did not know that! Thanks for your post!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best briley choke for shooting skeet over and under

best chokes for skeet over under

choke placement in a over and under
chokes for shooting skeet

chokes for skeet over under

over under skeet chokes

skeet shooting chokes

what chokes to use for skeet over under