1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB85TTR...any comments?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scootermac50, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Any comments about the 85TTR?

Scott

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Try the search engine on this site and you'll have all the info you want.

ss

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a GC-7 this year and don't shoot it for crap. I shoot my friends 85TSS
    which I shoot very well???????????????????

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Got my 85ttr about 3 months back. Great gun. The combo is little tough for me when I try to make the transition from the single to the o/u barrel for doubles. I've been trying to run some heavy loads through it to test its capabilities. Mixing up different loads of 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz. All that's happen so far is the roller pin that holds the high rib on back near the receiver came out while cleaning it. Maybe it was the Hoppes solvent that did it or just a lose pin to begin with. Easy fix. Got mine with the higher grade SKB wood. Guess it was worth it. But, it's not like its a real big difference from the regular wood imo. I'd tell a friend to buy one if he had a chance. I wouldn't try and get one for a 'song', what with SKB folding up. But, if you can find an 85ttr combo for under 2500 I'd jump all over it. JKP

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Lousy resale. Especially since their no longer being manufactured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.