1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by trapdad2, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapdad2

trapdad2 Member

0   0   0

Wanting some input on skb shotguns......are they worth buying? What kind of problems are people having with them? My son shoots an XT. .....how do they compare?

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Anything man made will break. That being said, let's look at service and turn around time between SKB USA and Browning. SKB is faster returning your gun to you. SKB had problems with firing pins and springs in the beginning. These have long since been corrected. SKB in Japan has since shut down as the government would no longer subsidize them. Rob at SKB USA has parts for the next twenty years and is looking in Italy for another manufacturer. SKB is not dead.

SKBs have back bored barrels, long forcing cones, choke tubes, Greener type cross bolt lockups. All desirable features in a target shotgun. You won't look as elegant using a Perazzi or a Krieghoff but you will break good scores. Browning or SKB? Shoot both and then decide.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

0   0   0

No telling how many Brownings I have had over the years.All were decent guns. Now own a SKB and as far as shooting and scores go--I wouldnt trade it for all the Brownings I've had.

4. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

0   0   0

Ive got an SKB 85 TSS Trap combo I got from a great guy used for 1,450 dollars. It's a great gun. I got alot of bad info from the older guys at my club because of the bad parts the earlier guns had BUT since all the newer ones have better upgraded parts you cant go wrong. With all that bad info I went out and got myself a K80 (LOVE IT)it fits me.

But I had to send it to be repaired because the hammer broke in half ("all guns break")

WELL I shot the SKB ........ I shot a 175 straight in the NH State shoot last weekend. :eek:)

You wont be sorry you bought a SKB

It is a flat shooting gun.