1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skb?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Hello all and happy leftovers to everyone. I'm still trying to replace my beloved single barrel that was taken from me in July. [May the thief rot in he11 etc.]. Anyway...I think I am looking at combos right now and the SKB brand keeps comimg up as very affordable and good looking. The problem is I know nothing about their reliability, parts availability and such. Does anyone out there have any experience with the 505 or 605 combos? Or the new ones for that matter, the 85tt's. Thanks Bill Wheeler

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bill,
    Call me about SKB's.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They are no longer manufactured. Parts? They were in my opinion, more fluff than substance.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had a 505 combo and it was a great gun

5. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

The 85tss guns were the last devopment cycle and are often discounted as to how good they really are. (at that price point) SKB USA & Guns Unlimited have been the best people I have worked with for misc parts. I have never had a malfunction or breakdown or sent mine in for factory service. PM me if you like. TM

6. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I shoot a 85 ttr and love it,for the price I think they are the most bang for you bucks,Guns Unlimited in Omaha told me they have parts for 30 years
    and offer excellent service.
    Jim

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I am more concerned about parts for my TMX than the two 85TSS guns that I own. Have an unsingle and an O/U. The butt stocks are a bit on the "chunky" size if you will but I think the guns are really under-rated.

8. zaob1

zaob1 Member

I concur with Jim Sims,
    I have shot my 85ttr now for three years, (Thanks Mike) and I along with others who have shot it like the feel and shoolting that they have done with it. I shoot a 682 Gold E at the present time, but will go back to my skb at anytime with no problems. A great gun. As for parts, they will be available. Just get with Mike Battista.
    Rick

9. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I have a GC7 top single that was my "primary" gun for a couple years. Other than annual maintenance it never left my hands for a problem. I have since graduated to a CG combo but I keep my SKB as my backup. Parts are not a problem, plenty of stock on hand in many locations. Check out Dawson Enterprises site for new and used SKB's. Good people to deal with.

10. twotimer

twotimer Member

I have an 85tss combo and a GC7. I had a little trouble with the tss a couple of years ago and and sent it to Omaha for a fix. Great people to work with and fast turn around time. Have over 40,000 rounds through it and think it a lot of gun for the $. And yes, check with Mike Batista, He is a good guy. Mike

11. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

i have a 85tss have have had it for 9 years. not one problem after thousands of rounds.best gun for the money.

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, Do talk to Mike about these guns. They really are a great gun for the money. Make your choice after talking to Mike. Good Luck and break em all Jeff